Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are crossbows for pussies?

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Grab yourself a 70# recurve and do this:

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I say your a pussy if your not chopping down a tree and making your own bow and arrows with all natural materials. So a 1200 dollar mathews bow is no more MANLY than a crossbow. Who gives a crap what you shoot. And not to mention not everybody gets to walk out the door on august 15th with a 300 win mag and sit over a 500 acre soybean field.

if you kill deer with anything other than a ball-peen hammer and a yellow handle case knife you are a pussy.

for ducks you have to leave the case knife at home.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

There's so much anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    There's so much anger.

#crossbowhaters

Grown men know use gunpowder and optics to kill deer
    Than thyey debate the best powder and bullets to use. At this point it don't matter.

i think there is room for a debate about whether a crossbow should be considered a primitive weapon in many states.

but you guys love the "if its within the law, I'm gonna run with it" philosophy a lot.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i think there is room for a debate about whether a crossbow should be considered a primitive weapon in many states.

but you guys love the "if its within the law, I'm gonna run with it" philosophy a lot.

if the new technology "muzzle loader" is considered primitive then a crossbow is a shoe in.

A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Dressing - okay
    Crossdressing - not okay
    Bow - okay
    Crossbow - not okay
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

That really is the heart of the whole thing. If they came out with a blow gun season and some guy went out there with a modified nail gun, we'd call him a pussy too.

Surely you don't mean that we should have ethics that differ from our elected officials.

The French used crossbows,the English used the long bow. the end
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Crossbow hunters put bumpers in their bowling alley and ride three wheel Hondas instead of Harleys

The only thing that pisses me off is when someone kills a deer with a crossbow and when you ask them what they killed it with and they say "bow".

Compound Bow hunting is the ultimate when it comes to deer hunting.

There are a very few that unsuccessfully attempt to take the sport to another level with long bows and traditional bows.They use rad terms like....sharks, tiger sharks, and 175 gr.

In the end we just accept them as little brothers that have lost their way. They eat alot of gravy and rice........and I mean alot of rice.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

To be clear I did not say "if its within the law, I'm gonna run with it"
    I said "Hunt with what you want and how you want to as long as it is legal."

To further explain, I just don't think it is worth going around and saying someone is a lesser person if they don't hunt the same way as you. If there is an unethical law, I will certainly contact my representative. I have done that. I just am not going to sit on a high horse and criticize someone because they do not hunt in the most difficult way available to them legally. We are in a day and age when uninvested people can easily criticize hunting and quickly sway public opinion. Cecil the lion and the speared bear are two recent cases. When I say I stand behind legal hunting I am not saying I unaware of ethical.

For reference purposes I have never hunted with a crossbow. I shot one deer with a bow. I suck at bow hunting.

If you have willingly owned a Boykin, fired a cross bow, or spoken to a midget then you have seen a dick up close....... Like very close. Like feel the heat off of it.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Growth = competition = bad
    Here Here!!
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    Fuck all that noise. I have a hatchet and a damn brick. I'll hurl either one and kill like a fucking caveman. Beat my chest afterwards and slide my old lady some fireside meat.
    Pussy..

I just scare em to death.

To each its own, just don't call it a bow kill.

This argument is about like a guy being cussed for killing a billfish for fun, by someone who killed one in a tournament a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

As long it is legal I don't have a problem with it.

bickering among hunters does nothing but hurt the sport
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...