Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why are crossbows for pussies?

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    If you have willingly owned a Boykin, fired a cross bow, or spoken to a midget then you have seen a dick up close....... Like very close. Like feel the heat off of it.
    Nice work right there.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    To be clear I did not say "if its within the law, I'm gonna run with it"
    I said "Hunt with what you want and how you want to as long as it is legal."

To further explain, I just don't think it is worth going around and saying someone is a lesser person if they don't hunt the same way as you. If there is an unethical law, I will certainly contact my representative. I have done that. I just am not going to sit on a high horse and criticize someone because they do not hunt in the most difficult way available to them legally. We are in a day and age when uninvested people can easily criticize hunting and quickly sway public opinion. Cecil the lion and the speared bear are two recent cases. When I say I stand behind legal hunting I am not saying I unaware of ethical.

For reference purposes I have never hunted with a crossbow. I shot one deer with a bow. I suck at bow hunting.
    i hear ya. wasnt singling you out. I just think people have used the crossbow to lengthen their seasons and I personally dont think that's right. Granted, thats not why I dont have a crossbow. That would be because Im not a woman.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

What if you hunt with a Recurve Crossbow?

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i hear ya. wasnt singling you out. I just think people have used the crossbow to lengthen their seasons and I personally dont think that's right. Granted, thats not why I dont have a crossbow. That would be because Im not a woman.

Yawn...

The night before I go crossbow hunting for huge mature bucks I wipe my ass with 400 grit sand paper five or six times really hard each direction. I then eat a brown bag full of habeneros for dinner mixed with some broken 60 watt light bulbs. I wash it all down with Olympia beer left over from last years yard sale, its a private stock so don't be asking for none. The next morning while I am sitting on the porcelain shitting out blood and fire I like to stab both my quadriceps right about midway between my hip and knee with my lucky muzzy 100 grainer broadhead necklace charm. To finish up getting my mind right for some pure crossbow big buck killin I rub some turpentine in the Muzzy holes while they are still fresh.. This routine is a proven winner and gets a real man crossbow hunting baddass killer in the right mindset for killing some mature monster bucks.

I ain't even about to tell yall my pre dog driving warm up.
    Last edited by Strick9; 09-29-2016 at 03:22 PM.
    Genesis 9;2

How about an atlatl? How gay is that?
    DILLIGAF

Stripa-people out west are shooting compounds bows at game 100 yards away? Holy shit, didn't know that was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Crossbow hunters put bumpers in their bowling alley and ride three wheel Hondas instead of Harleys
    Ain't nothing wrong with a Big Red 3-wheeler. You ride into town on one of those and panties are guaranteed to drop
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

I'm not an x gun fan, I think it's the lazy way out for an able bodied bow hunter. That said each person has to determine their own level of comfort. I've gone full circle in bow hunting. I started off with a compound in the mid eighties. I shot a slow Bear compound, used my fingers to hold the string, shot long heavy aluminum arrows with feathers and bear razor heads that you had to sharpen. Modern equipment advanced quickly and bows got easier to shoot accurately, deer numbers exploded and it got relatively easy to kill a deer with modern tackle. Late nineties I got interested in traditional gear. Got good with it and continued to kill deer. Began making my own laminated longbows and recurves and killed deer with them. Moved on to all wood laminated bows then self bows wood arrows and killed deer. Injured a rotator cuff and my bow hunting slowed for a few years. Back to shooting a compound, cause I can't shoot a traditional bow without suffering. Modern archery tackle is really efficient, easy to tune and shoot, so the lines are even more blurred. The x guns biggest advantage is can be cocked and ready to fire. But that's a helluva big advantage. Personally I don't think think an able bodied hunter should be able to use one in a primitive weapons season.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    Stripa-people out west are shooting compounds bows at game 100 yards away? Holy shit, didn't know that was a thing.
    Open country + 80% let off + laser range finders + lighted knocks + success equals trophy pic mentality
    = guys opportunistically sending tracer rounds down range at game
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead