Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacement bearings for leinbach disc harrow

Default Replacement bearings for leinbach disc harrow

I am looking for replacement bearings for a leinbach disc harrow. The current ones sound pretty rough. Unfortunately, Leinbach is no longer in business. Based on the measurements it looks like a PF205 bearing template is what I need. However, the current bearing has a collar(?) that is 1.5" wide and am having trouble finding a bearing to match. I would appreciate any suggestions or direction on a bearing source.
    Attached Images Attached Images

AgriSupply should have all you need.

Or, take it to Bearing Dist. in Cola. It'll be pricey, but they'll get you exactly what you need.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post

Or, take it to Bearing Dist. in Cola. It'll be pricey, but they'll get you exactly what you need.
    What he said

If you cant find them local, try prime bearing online. The number is SBPF205-16. $11.36 plus shipping.
    Last edited by padl8697; 09-08-2016 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post

I checked Agri but I didn't see any bearings with the 1.5" collar online. Thanks for tip on Bearing Dist.

Quote Originally Posted by padl8697 View Post
    If you cant find them local, try prime bearing online. The number is SBPF205-16. $11.36 plus shipping.
    I saw that padl but the info stated light to medium duty so wasn't sure it could handle the job. I may order a couple to try on an axle.

Thanks!

Dixie Bearing in Florence is where we get our replacement bearings. Our experience is that Agri-Supply (where we bought the disk harrow) doesn't carry the replacement bearings. And be prepared for the cost.....they are high!
    That the Tiger's roar may echo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Aging Baby Boomer View Post
    Dixie Bearing in Florence is where we get our replacement bearings. Our experience is that Agri-Supply (where we bought the disk harrow) doesn't carry the replacement bearings. And be prepared for the cost.....they are high!
    Going old school with the Dixie bearing name. It's applied now. There or bearing distributors in Florence should have what you need. Ask for Tommy at BD.

If you are near Florence, come by Bearing Distributors on trade street. Like GHR said you can ask for Tommy or Jack. I checked and we do have some of those on the shelf. Anything you get other than what you got is going to be better. Whatever you get be sure to get a flangette and a insert for it. The bearing in the pic is a POS! You can ask for Chuck and if I'm here, I'll be glad to help also.

*****and by the way, we will demolish Applied on price and I doubt they will even have that on their shelf*****
    I haven't heard "Dixie Bearings" in a long time
    Last edited by DuckorBust; 09-09-2016 at 09:14 AM.
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Quote Originally Posted by Back40 View Post
    I saw that padl but the info stated light to medium duty so wasn't sure it could handle the job. I may order a couple to try on an axle.

Thanks!
    Like I said anything you get will be better than what you got. The outer race on what you got is actually the housing itself=crap!

Looks like you're closer to Columbia so if you need help with a part number let me know. 843-665-1500. Tommy, Jack or Chuck

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

CP#96743

Quote Originally Posted by DuckorBust View Post
    Like I said anything you get will be better than what you got. The outer race on what you got is actually the housing itself=crap!

Looks like you're closer to Columbia so if you need help with a part number let me know. 843-665-1500. Tommy, Jack or Chuck
    Didn't realize you worked there? I was there from 07-10. Is the Yankee ass manager still there?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHeadRocker View Post
    Didn't realize you worked there? I was there from 07-10. Is the Yankee ass manager still there?
    No he went to Applied. Me and the newest manager came from Applied. I like the 'mom and pop' much better

CP#96743

No he went to Applied. Me and the newest manager came from Applied. I like the 'mom and pop' much better
    Good deal. Sure glad to hear that. Pm sent.

If you are near Florence, come by Bearing Distributors on trade street. Like GHR said you can ask for Tommy or Jack. I checked and we do have some of those on the shelf. Anything you get other than what you got is going to be better. Whatever you get be sure to get a flangette and a insert for it. The bearing in the pic is a POS! You can ask for Chuck and if I'm here, I'll be glad to help also.

*****and by the way, we will demolish Applied on price and I doubt they will even have that on their shelf*****
    I haven't heard "Dixie Bearings" in a long time
    Thanks! PM sent.

Call Glenn, he can help you with this
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Call Glenn, he can help you with this

What he said

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

DuckorBust..tried to PM you but you full up.

Bringing this back up. Anyone have any luck finding these or come up with an alternative? I've tried the internet and BD here in Cola with no luck. Need 8 of em.

Thanks,
    Mike V

Bearing Supply (803)791-0371

My dad has rebuilt a few of those, I’ll check with him to see where he got bearings from
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...