Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merino wool

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    I swear some of y'all are the biggest nomad/huk dick suckers on earth. Never bought any of it so I can't comment on quality but it sure seems like some think it hung the moon.

Why don't you buy some and see for yourself?

Is Hart a friend of mine? Hell yeah he is, but his company makes the best shit on the market. PERIOD
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

I might if I saw something that wasn't emblazoned with his logo. Just not my style anymore but then again I am 30 and wear a button down shirt 7 days a week, so my style may not be much.

I am certainly not knocking Hart, I don't know him personally but am good friends with a lot of his fraternity brothers who all say great things about him.
    cut\'em

I might if I saw something that wasn't emblazoned with his logo. Just not my style anymore but then again I am 30 and wear a button down shirt 7 days a week, so my style may not be much.

I am certainly not knocking Hart, I don't know him personally but am good friends with a lot of his fraternity brothers who all say great things about him.
    Yeah I think they need to work on the marketing a bit. Big logos and such are a turn off. A lot of times it seems like there is an inverse relationship between Logo size and quality.

It's not merino, but Patagonia Capeilene is the tits. Also, Patagonia has a warranty unlike many clothing manufactures.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Default Merino wool

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Yeah I think they need to work on the marketing a bit. Big logos and such are a turn off. A lot of times it seems like there is an inverse relationship between Logo size and quality.

It's a BASE layer dude. You wear it under your pants and jacket. It's made to hunt, not wear to Starbucks. You worried the people at J Crew will find out?
    Last edited by britton40; 09-08-2016 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by britton40 View Post
    It's a BASE layer dude. You wear it under your pants and jacket. It's made to hunt, not wear to Starbucks. You worried the people at J Crew will find out?
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I swear some of y'all are the biggest nomad/huk dick suckers on earth. Never bought any of it so I can't comment on quality but it sure seems like some think it hung the moon.

As for Patagonia, it is quality stuff. I wear their shorts, base layers and jackets and the shit just holds. Hell i am looking at a down vest from them that saw 1000x the abuse any normal person puts on a piece of clothing courtesy of cowboying and running a feedlot 200 days a year for a few years. Still wear it today even though it has one little tear from a fence and 82 oil stains that have washed out. I would buy another article of their clothing tomorrow without hesitation because I know it is quality.

I do not make clothing purchasing decisions based off of political views; if I did that I would be naked most likely....

Smartwool kicks ass
    No dick sucker here. The Huk shit is great.

Private Land Rubberhead # 1

^i know that spot
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by britton40 View Post
    It just looks cheap, that's all I am saying. It may not be but I can't help that when I look at it I think "Did "hey bo" get a new line of hunting gear?"

I mean most of their jackets are hoodies...Its what mike iaconelli would wear if he started hunting.

These are my impressions from a little google searching. I hope the best for them and that they make great things for years to come, but they need to work on their marketing.

I'll be sheering my boys sheep next week, come get all u want

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    24 comments to the thread and the only honest answer is that Patagonia seems to hold up well.

All the dick swinging about Nomad, but no facts or reviews to back it up.

Just rename the site Scducks comedy club, home of the one liners and true know-it-alls.
    This sums up most responses on this site indeed! Always amazed at the classless answers and diversions to good questions on here!
    Have a look at First lite marino wool. Has worked well for me

Quote Originally Posted by ndbrown213 View Post
    No dick sucker here. The Huk shit is great.

Either you are midget or that is a grown fish. Regardless your mid bug made its way to Bowman this morning. Glad to hear Harrs stuff is good quality.
    cut\'em

Do you know the break down of the materials in the shirt? Like how much wool is in it? and how much is something else?
    For our NOMAD Sapwood, we use 100% merino in the body, but we use merino/polyester/lycra inserts which keep the fabric close to your chest (in case you want to shoot your bow). I find that our weight of Merino is perfect to keep you warm.

Merino is awesome. Having sold base layers for 16 years, merino wool is the way to go regardless of the brand. It will keep you super warm and does not hold odor as bad as polyester. The major con with all merino wool, is merino (thin) baselayers/underwear don't hold up to washing as well as polyester base layers. I purchased several pairs of Minus33 merino boxer briefs for my sheep hunt last year and I was disappointed that they wore out quickly. This is a fact of merino wool regardless of the brand.
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    This info was hard to come by. I emailed Nomad Customer service. I had to wait 10 minutes for a reply.

Nomad sapwood breakdown.
    Sorry for being late on your IM, I have been running pretty hard over the last month have worked 4 trade shows in the last month and haven't been on SCDucks very much lately.
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Obliviously Hart is busy working or hunting or fishing or whatever today but I bet you could PM him and get some specifics.
    Sorry, I was working a trade show on the 7th and just getting back to speed!

Durable? What is the fit like compare to normal t-shirts, true to size or order up?

I don't have a local carrier of the stuff so I've never laid eyes on it.
    Our Sapwood is pretty true to size.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    The pair or Nomad sapwood long johns I used last year didn't hold up well at all. Several holes just from taking them on and off, something I've never had happen to the other pairs of thermals I own.

I need to call and find out if there is any type of warranty, if there is, I'll send them back, if not, no big deal. They are warm though.
    No problem on the warranty, just e-mail me at Hart@marolina.com and we will send you a new pair. One problem with merino is durability. I have warn several brands including Minus33, Patagonia and Kuiu (all are great brands that make great stuff), but ultimately merino is not as durable as polyester base layers. I think merino is the best base layer on the market, but has 1/50th of the life span of a good set of polyester base layer (such as our Heartwood).

Quote Originally Posted by HartClemson99 View Post
    No problem on the warranty, just e-mail me at Hart@marolina.com and we will send you a new pair. One problem with merino is durability. I have warn several brands including Minus33, Patagonia and Kuiu (all are great brands that make great stuff), but ultimately merino is not as durable as polyester base layers. I think merino is the best base layer on the market, but has 1/50th of the life span of a good set of polyester base layer (such as our Heartwood).
    Just send us all some garments to try and no more pissing contest about who has tried your stuff on SCDucks. I'll take some of the merino base layers, the underwear, and any huk shirts that are the really soft cotton feeling stuff that's really polyester of whatever magical fabric they make it out of nowadays. You can even call me prostaff if that helps write it off. Hell, throw in a good pair of rain pants for me too will you? Wahoo season is about here. Thanks. God bless.

I find that our weight of Merino is perfect to keep you warm.
    What is the weight of merino for that shirt?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

The major con with all merino wool, is merino (thin) baselayers/underwear don't hold up to washing as well as polyester base layers. I purchased several pairs of Minus33 merino boxer briefs for my sheep hunt last year and I was disappointed that they wore out quickly. This is a fact of merino wool regardless of the brand.
    It's been awhile since I invested in a good set of Merino base layers, but have found that if you wash them in a mesh laundry bag they may last longer.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'