Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Doing the right thing

You must have named that scrub buck "Citadel".

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Well shit, I learned something new!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    You must have named that scrub buck "Citadel".
    Pro tip: take Troy and the 36 points

Does this work on scducks? I've seen it on other forums.

@Bigtimber2 and @ecu1984 should let them know we were talking about him.

@uga_dawg

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Does this work on scducks? I've seen it on other forums.

@Bigtimber2 and @ecu1984 should let them know we were talking about him.

@uga_dawg
    how about @fuckclimp5in ? does that work

Do you think deer hunting was this mucked up before the monster buck videos and tv shows? It just seems ass backward now.

Quote Originally Posted by Campbeller View Post
    Do you think deer hunting was this mucked up before the monster buck videos and tv shows? It just seems ass backward now.
    That personally has nothing to do with it for me. I have no desire to shoot a small buck with any weapon. It just doesn't excite me. I have killed plenty of deer (like most of you) and plenty of good bucks (but not many great ones). I have always liked big antlers. Forkies and basket racks had their time and place. That time has passed for me.
    Carolina Counsel

Im not advocating for or against killing said buck, I just think its kind of sad that we as hunters feel the need to seek others approval over killing or not killing a deer. I mean people treat this shit like its a moral issue. That being said the only way to get good at something is practice, as yall know the are a lot of ways to screw up bow kill, and I seem to learn more from the mess ups than the victories.

I agree with you completely.
    Carolina Counsel

I just think its kind of sad that we as hunters feel the need to seek others approval over killing or not killing a deer. I mean people treat this shit like its a moral issue.
    Show me where I asked anyone what they would do with this buck. Read my first post. I was saying what I was not going to do, because I want to kill him as an 8 next year or a bigger even the year after. I also stated he would not be hunted where he is by anyone else. Just to clarify
    To CC's point it doesn't excite me any more to kill a doe or a small basket buck unless I want or someone else wants the meat. When I was 16 this deer would have already been dead or if I hit a drought or get a notion he may die tomorrow. That's all

I didn't say you asked anybody anything. You did however seek there approval of your moral hunting victory, or else you wouldn't have posted about doing the right thing and waited on comments to validate your decision.

I didn't say you asked anybody anything. You did however seek there approval of your moral hunting victory, or else you wouldn't have posted about doing the right thing and waited on comments to validate your decision.
    Thanks for telling me what I was thinking and doing. Shoot all the small deer you want. Its about hunting and not killing for me now, just where I am at.

Your welcome, and congrats on doing the right thing. I will strive from here on out to become the intreped ,seasoned hunter that you have so obviously become. Where the mere thought of shooting an adolescent buck or eating venison turns my stomach..... because for you it's about the hunt not the kill. I tip my hat and stand aside.