Thread: FYI State park Campsites Edisto and Hunting Island

Default FYI State park Campsites Edisto and Hunting Island

Just received this email. Looks like our summer vacay is now up in the air.....

thought I would post as I know some of you camp there as well.

Dear South Carolina State Park Camper,

Beginning on the evening of October 7, Hurricane Matthew caused severe damage to Hunting Island State Park and portions of Edisto Beach State Park. Since that time, the park service has been working diligently to assess these damages and begin the cleanup process; however, due to the extent of the destruction, we regret that it is necessary to cancel and refund reservations at these parks into 2017.

At Hunting Island State Park:
    All campsite reservations will be cancelled and refunded through Sunday, May 21, 2017. Oceanside campsite reservations will be cancelled and refunded through Sunday, December 31, 2017.

At Edisto Beach State Park:
    All campsite reservations in the oceanfront campground will be cancelled and refunded through Thursday, August 31, 2017.

Please know that the cancellation and refund process could take several weeks. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this time and throughout the recovery process.

As a thank you for your patience, we would like to offer you, our valued customer, 15% off any camping reservations at any of our state parks. Simply contact our toll-free Call Center at 866-345-7275 and mention code CAMPSC2017 in order to receive this discount. The code is valid on any non-promotional campsite reservations made up to 13 months out, from now through December 31, 2016.

Again, thank you for your continued patronage and support of South Carolina’s state parks. If you should have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 803-734-0156.

Sincerely,
    South Carolina State Parks
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Damn. There goes mine too. Kids are gonna riot.

Damn that sucks. Those go 13 months in advance down to the second. I just checked and I didn't get the email. But my site is actually on the second row this summer. I guess it was actually lucky we didn't get the one we wanted.

I reckon that means the boat landing is roped off too. Guess I'll have to come off the extra $5 and put in at the marina this weekend.

was down at Edisto this weekend and ramp was open but it looks like the park got hit hard. Walk around shell mound is down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Damn. There goes mine too. Kids are gonna riot.
    Naw Man, you can always bring um down to THE HOLE. Boat ramp and ski's. And as alway's you can try your hand on the BADASS 650/SX Kawasaki if you feel lucky.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Spoke too soon. The reservation was in the wife's name. Our's was cancelled as well.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Damn that sucks. Those go 13 months in advance down to the second. I just checked and I didn't get the email. But my site is actually on the second row this summer. I guess it was actually lucky we didn't get the one we wanted.

We camp at Hunting Island every summer and for Thanksgiving as well. Our reservation for 2017 Thanksgiving was cancelled yesterday.
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    H. L. Mencken