Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has Anyone Hacked A Firestick?

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Being cheap seems so tedious.

I checked out Suicide Squad and Jason Bourne. Both had crappy quality from those servers.

I then tried Tarzan, and it's 1080p, as was some other current movie.

I checked out Deadpool and a few other recent DVD releases, and all are 1080p.

Colt is about to watch Angry Birds.

This is all on the bigscreen. The stick arrived in the mail just a little after noon.

USMCsilver not sure the type of work you're in but I work for the power company. It pisses me off every time we catch someone stealing power. By stealing power they're taking money out of my pocket along with other consumers of ours. If the firestick you are talking about is 100% legal please forgive me but if not you're a crook just like any other crook.

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    USMCsilver not sure the type of work you're in but I work for the power company. It pisses me off every time we catch someone stealing power. By stealing power they're taking money out of my pocket along with other consumers of ours. If the firestick you are talking about is 100% legal please forgive me but if not you're a crook just like any other crook.

Criminal is SCANA wanting to raise rates again, and being able to because...well...they are here for the greater good.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Bear, I reckon it comes down to what you do with it.

I can watch anything you could ever dream of from all over the world.

In a "legal sense", say, for instance, The Big Bang Theory (TBBT) came on a public TV channel that was broadcast over the air. I missed season 6, ep. 4. So...I can go watch it now.

I pay for streaming content via Hulu+, Netflix, and Amazon Prime using a Roku box. But...let's just call this a supplemental piece of hardware/software. I can do the same thing with the Firestick as I can with any of the above. Ole Sheldon from TBBT doesn't get paid any more or any less depending on what method I use to watch his show.

If you're at a kid's birthday party and it's HUGE...and you have a projector set-up to play a dollar movie you rented from Redbox, are you going to collect admission from everyone and make sure Redbox gets it?

I guess my point is that some content is free, will always be free, and was free initially. Some? Well, yeah, some other stuff is out there, too.

The hacked Firestick is a tool. I reckon it's up to the user to decide what they want to do with it.

F the firestick and Kodi. Check out Kingpin TV. Its a box all by itself that hooks to the TV. You can watch any tv you want. Live stream and game anywhere thats being broadcast. The box cost $399 one time only. All perfectly legal.

Quote Originally Posted by adamb61085 View Post
    F the firestick and Kodi. Check out Kingpin TV. Its a box all by itself that hooks to the TV. You can watch any tv you want. Live stream and game anywhere thats being broadcast. The box cost $399 one time only. All perfectly legal.
    That is illegal as well.

The Pirate's life is the life for me. Aaarrrggghhh

All these devices simply go online to file sharing sites which house the illegally copied materials and they stream them.

Aren't y'all a bunch of Marys
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

It would be counter productive to hack movies and own a Yeti.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Quote Originally Posted by crackshot View Post
    It would be counter productive to hack movies and own a Yeti.
    I'm drinking outta one now. It's working.

Sent via TapaTalk on S7 Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Criminal is SCANA wanting to raise rates again, and being able to because...well...they are here for the greater good.
    Wrong power company but you can thank the government for regulations that they put on us, theifs stealing from us,ect. I can go on. Not sure what your power bill is but mine is very reasonable. Couple dollars a day (cheaper than my cell bill or satalite bill) and I keep my air on 68 or lower during the summer.

It's badass and extremely easy, just watch YouTube. I did it from my tv, no need for a computer. I don't think it's illegal, you're only streaming video not downloading it or sharing it. I did it for when I'm flying over seasI only need wifi to watch TV in English.

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    Wrong power company but you can thank the government for regulations that they put on us, theifs stealing from us,ect. I can go on. Not sure what your power bill is but mine is very reasonable. Couple dollars a day (cheaper than my cell bill or satalite bill) and I keep my air on 68 or lower during the summer.
    Mine was $493 this month. So fuck you

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    That is illegal as well.
    Negative it has already been to court and rulled perfectly legal

Quote Originally Posted by adamb61085 View Post
    Negative it has already been to court and rulled perfectly legal
    In Canada in the US it's still considered illegal. Read up on it.