Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: High Tide rebuild

I tell you one thing, that is gonna be a battleship and a great riding hull when you get it done. The word I am looking for is BADASS!. Can't wait till you get her finished and see how she runs. GREAT JOB
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

It has absolutely been a ton of work to get this far with it.
    And yes there are other materials that I could've used but I couldn't really afford it, as I've spent a small fortune on this project already.
    The way I see it is if it lasted this long as shitty as it was, then when I'm done it should last me for as long as I need it to and I'll basically have a brand new boat.

Another thing, I've never worked with poly before but I can you that epoxy is no joke.
    It's the strongest thing I've ever seen.
    I probably could've used this boat the way it was for a few more years but didn't wanna chance losing my motor or sinking the whole thing from hitting a stump in Santee.
    To be honest there have been a couple times that I regretted starting this project but I'll be glad in the end.
    Finally feel like I'm getting somewhere with it
    Thanks for the encouraging words y'all

Finally got the foam done

And got the ply cut and ready to be glued in

Thinking ahead about what to finish the deck with. I want something with grip but not too tough on the feet. Definitely not black, preferably something I can roll on.
    What are y'all thoughts and experiences with stuff like durabak, kiwi grip, tuff coat, or bedliners?

missed this start of this thread...props for taking this on!

why wouldn't hydroturf be an option for the deck?

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    You really gotta love the boat to do that much work. Unless you just enjoy doing it.

Looks good! The only thought that comes into my mind when I see rebuilds like this is, is there not a synthetic material that would provide similar weight and strength but without the threat of eventual rot?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
    I used a composite product called Coosa Bluewater to rebuild the transom on my Gheenoe. Small boat, so I didn't need too much material and that let it fit in my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by cleancutredneck View Post
    missed this start of this thread...props for taking this on!

why wouldn't hydroturf be an option for the deck?
    I have thought about using hydroturf on the casting deck but just wasn't sure how it'd hold up on the floor. I've read that it breaks down after awhile, but I'd love to hear from anyone who has real experience with it to see how it holds up long term.

I got a bad sheet of hydro turf and they replaced it. The other sheets have held up fine after 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Boat rebuilds are EXPENSIVE!
    Given the time and effort involved, I personally would have saved a little more for all composite materials.
    Looks good, make 100% certain NO water can get under that floor.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Any up dates on this? Would love if those pics would show up.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

If you use Chrome as your browser click the link below and get this add-on then you’ll be able to see them.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/s...link fix?hl=en
    Last edited by Tater; 01-30-2018 at 06:17 PM.

D0A5C86A-EB4F-4762-A57B-CC4434C2BD4E.jpgB0F8AA8B-E40A-4742-B8AC-EFCE4A32742E.jpg8BE855D2-0959-4875-9A03-BAF437727230.jpg

Here are a few pics from a couple months ago. Took awhile off from it. Now in the fairing and sanding process. I’ll post up more pics when I make a little more progress

Further along than mine. looks good keep it up.

Attachment 34892
    Attachment 34893
    Finally got some paint on the ol girl
    Hopefully it won’t be long now

We can't see the pics there, Budman.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Idk what’s up with the pics, I downloaded them just like I did the last ones and the preview showed them

Looking good!

That aint no joke ! Good stuff !
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

When mounting an outboard, do you guys use anything between the transom and motor? I’ve got a panther trim n tilt unit that mounts to the transom and I was thinking about using a piece of rubber or some kind of gasket material to protect the paint. What y’all think?