Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ground blind hunting

When I'm slip hunting new areas I like to go light and easy. I only need a small chair to back up against a tree or some brush. This is the one I use for quick hunts in new areas.

When I'm hunting with the small chair and I find enough deer sign that I want to come back and set up for a longer hunt I use the chair below. I put backpack straps on one side for easy packing. I also tied a back pack to the other side that holds two pieces of burlap and string to make a blind.
    With the homemade shooting sticks slid down into into the pack and you've got a shooting rig that'll knock 'em down in the swamp or on a power line 200+ yards away.
    All of it packs up into a light, easy to tote set up.

It's comfortable enough to sit for hours without moving, plus it has a cup holder for my beer.

Hunt chair.jpg
    Last edited by scatter shot; 08-15-2016 at 10:07 AM.

you know....this web site can really get under your skin if you let it. this thread is so full of "absolutes", its scary. aint nothing as perfect or horrible as you all make it out.

feets--the cabelas chair is the best I have found. someone (guide gear?) makes a knock off one that is good enough, too.

I dont own a double bull but they seem to be the tits.

those of you talking about hooking a climber to a tree and building a blind around it must not realize you could just CLIMB that same tree???

Those of you that say "natural is better" must not hunt unless its the perfect spot. sometimes, i cant find that.... I would also pay $100 to the person that could come on my place and kill a deer at 20 steps with the bow while sitting on the ground next to a tree. could you do it? maybe. I have tried and failed enough times to know you cant do it much better than me. and to answer your next question, NO, you're not invited to try.

i have three ground blinds out right now. I just want to kill a deer out of one. It aint gonna be easy. Put corn out and it makes it even HARDER, IMO.

Plus, its hot as hades inside a blind right now. GEsom pete, I am gonna sweat tonight...

hmmm...or maybe I should put Guy in one?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Good post toofer. I also think that some of these heathens don't realize this post is in the bowhunting forum, then again, that really isn't surprising. Gun hunters are not the smartest group of people on the planet anyway......
    Last edited by FEETDOWN; 08-15-2016 at 12:21 PM.

I own a double bull, it's dank.

I've kilt deer outta my one Ameristep Brickhouse blind that's been in the same spot for 5-6 years now via every means but a revolver - and my goal is to make that happen this year. My daughter killed her first one out of it 2 years ago with a shotgun. I'm just sitting here thinking about it - 6 deer have been killed from that one tight spot - (2) 25-06, (1) .44mag rifle, (1) shotgun, (2) bow. None have been more than 20yd shots. I LOVE getting deer that close and being on the ground with them.
    Last edited by Simple Man; 08-15-2016 at 12:30 PM.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Good post toofer. I also think that some of these heathens don't realize this post is in the bowhunting forum, then again, that really isn't surprising. Gun hunters are not the smartest group of people on the planet anyway......
    I am one of those heathens, I didn't realize it was the bow hunting forum until Feets pointed it out.

Mea culpa

You boys enjoy your sticks and strings, hope you all get to stick one this year.

Stalking deer, is where it's at.