Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to shoot variey of bows near greenville

Default Where to shoot variey of bows near greenville

I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer. I need a new bow. I want to shoot at least 6-10 new models- Elite, Hoyt, Mathews, PSE, Bowtech, etc. Where can this be accomplished in the Upstate? Thanks, cc
    Carolina Counsel

Hunters headquarters in Greenwood. Not Greenville but still in the upstate and not too Terribly far. I am sure if you called they will tell you what they have. They have always done me right

Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Yeah hh is pretty good

Saluda river archery on hwy 153?

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    Saluda river archery on hwy 153?
    This is where I'd check first before heading to Greenwwod. Only about a mile or two off I85, Exit 40.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Thanks fellas. A lot has changed since I last bought a bow, including the prices. Hell, you could buy a low/mid-range bare bow for what a top of the line sight runs now. I think I was less than a grand in with everything last time around.
    Last edited by Carolina Counsel; 07-31-2016 at 02:25 PM.
    Carolina Counsel

Last bow I bought (until last year) was 1990. You think the prices have changed, wait until you shoot the new bows!! The new technology is like cheating! Hell, it's like shooting a rifle compared to the old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Thanks fellas. A lot has changed since I last bought a bow, including the prices. Hell, you could buy a low/mid-range bare bow for what a top of the line sight runs now. I think I was less than a grand in with everything last time around.
    You could still easily be in a new one for under a grand. Look at the mission line of bows by Matthews. They have a lifetime warranty on them to the original owner. I shoot one of the mission models and have been pleased with. I'm not a diehard bow hunter so I had a hard time justifying tying up a lot of money in one.I walked out of HHQ with a new bow, completely set up, 1/2 dozen arrows, bow case and a target for a hair over $600
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 07-31-2016 at 03:18 PM.

I have an Elite Hunter w/ HHA single pin sight, whisker biscuit rest. A dozen arrows, 1/2 dozen slick tricks, release, SKB hard case and some other misc items I'm considers considering selling. Might have to replace the cams depending on your draw but it's all in immaculate condition.

I like shooting it but, I never bowhunt. Always pick up the rifle instead. I'm about $1200 in it all together, I'd like to see $800.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

You can save some coin if your dealer has a "last years model" left in stock. The dealers around me have knocked $250+ off old stock. The difference in technology doesn't take a huge leap in 1 year. The nice part about now vs. 10 years ago is most all of the companies are making a great top end bow. Shoot them all (also shoot a few sitting in a chair) and see what feels right. Accessory technology has likely changed a lot since your last purchase. Same with arrows and broadheads.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Think I may get rid of my Mathews creed. I still have my old z7
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    You could still easily be in a new one for under a grand. Look at the mission line of bows by Matthews. They have a lifetime warranty on them to the original owner. I shoot one of the mission models and have been pleased with. I'm not a diehard bow hunter so I had a hard time justifying tying up a lot of money in one.I walked out of HHQ with a new bow, completely set up, 1/2 dozen arrows, bow case and a target for a hair over $600
    I'll second that. I shoot a Mission Endeavor (2011 model) with Black Gold sight, whisker biscuit, Easton Injexion 400s and Slick Trick Magnums. The Missions shoot great for the price and kill deer just as good as higher end models.

I've probably got $850 in my setup and that's mainly due to the price of Easton Injexions and the Black Gold sight.

Just bite the bullet and buy an Elite and you won't have to get another anytime soon. Plus has a transferable LT warranty. On a serious note you are making the right decision to go shoot quite a few and go with what fits/feels best for you.

Shooting muzzies helps to keep it cheap

HHQ only carries Bowtech, Elite, Mathews and Mission now. I don't think they are selling PSE anymore. Personally, I would go with the Mathews Halon 5 or 6. I shot one and love it and I am not a Mathews fanboy.

Now if you really want to save some coin you can go over to Archerytalk and probably walk away with a full set up for less than a 1,000. I bought my son a Hoyt Spyder Turbo when they first came out off of there for 800. It had a sword sight, a ripcord rest, a b stinger stab....I have bought several bows, arrows, and accessories off of there and haven't got burned yet...KNOCK ON WOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Good advice. Don't get caught up in the brand name and high price. You can spend $500-$700 and get a jam up bow that will do anything you want. They're like cars......you buy based off how much you want to enjoy the ride and how much you want to impress others. The dealer will try to "up-sale" you most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I'll second that. I shoot a Mission Endeavor (2011 model) with Black Gold sight, whisker biscuit, Easton Injexion 400s and Slick Trick Magnums. The Missions shoot great for the price and kill deer just as good as higher end models.

I've probably got $850 in my setup and that's mainly due to the price of Easton Injexions and the Black Gold sight.
    I shoot the same bow. Great shooter.
    [IMG][/IMG]

If you shoot multiple brands you will come out with an Elite......they are just incredibly built. You can find them fairly cheap on archery talk ....not $400 but you could get set,up,for $500-700

Personally I would shoot all kinds then buy saltys

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I have an Elite Hunter w/ HHA single pin sight, whisker biscuit rest. A dozen arrows, 1/2 dozen slick tricks, release, SKB hard case and some other misc items I'm considers considering selling. Might have to replace the cams depending on your draw but it's all in immaculate condition.

I like shooting it but, I never bowhunt. Always pick up the rifle instead. I'm about $1200 in it all together, I'd like to see $800.
    Salty, what year is your bow?
    Carolina Counsel

2013 I believe. I bought it towards the end of the season. I've shot it some and enjoy it but I never bowhunt and don't really have the time to shoot it like I'd like to.

I'll say this. I hadn't shot a bow in 20yrs when I bought it. Within 10 minutes I was knocking the heart out of the target at 20-30yds. It's exceptionally smooth, easy to shoot and not jumpy at all.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013