Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: stupid people

You don't know enough about this to even talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    You don't know enough about this to even talk about it.
    Thanks for that knowledge bomb. Care to expound on your vast knowledge of the bodies dietary needs?

I eat eggs and bacon almost every day. Usually 5 eggs at a time. Usually with some cheese mixed in. My cholesterol is great. I feel like I have the opposite of Low T. I'm never moody. That shits for women and a lot of men on scducks

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I eat eggs and bacon almost every day. Usually 5 eggs at a time. Usually with some cheese mixed in. My cholesterol is great. I feel like I have the opposite of Low T. I'm never moody. That shits for women and a lot of men on scducks
    Some people have LDL particles that are big and fluffy. Others have small dense particles. The latter is much more at risk for coronary disease. In other words...some people are luckier than others on what they can eat and how their bodies process those foods.

Regardless...I'm not arguing that you can't eat bacon and eggs as a regular breakfast. I am arguing that you can't just eat mostly meat and tell yourself it's a healthy diet and you don't need much else.

I hear your argument. But its wrong.

I hear your argument. But its wrong.
    Based on what? Conjecture and pseudo science you heard at the local box?

Do your own research. Or, keep operating on your flawed understanding of facts. Its your call.

Do your own research. Or, keep operating on your flawed understanding of facts. Its your call.
    That's what I thought...

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Based on what? Conjecture and pseudo science you heard at the local box?
    I think that if you look hard enough there is a study to support every argument made in this thread. And I know that because I have spent my fair share of google hours over this thread looking at studies and articles and opinions.

What I do know is that the Standard American Diet is crap, look at our children for proof, they are all disgusting little fatties with the diseases of 50 year old overweight smokers.

So I think its fair that anyone question anything at this point, and all of us should be out looking for the answer. And I'm not so sure that the same answer is going to be right for everyone. Hell, just look at the Inuit people, they have genetic differences that allow them to live on a high fat diet and have lower risk of heart disease than most of us down south.

So who the fuck knows?

I know several of my family members, including myself, will look you dead in the eye and say that they feel the best when they eat a more paleo diet. But most of them will say that with a diet coke in their hand and a prescription for lipitor in their pocket.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

That's what I thought...
    But you "thought" nothing.

Mash here ->

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    I think that if you look hard enough there is a study to support every argument made in this thread. And I know that because I have spent my fair share of google hours over this thread looking at studies and articles and opinions.

What I do know is that the Standard American Diet is crap, look at our children for proof, they are all disgusting little fatties with the diseases of 50 year old overweight smokers.

So I think its fair that anyone question anything at this point, and all of us should be out looking for the answer. And I'm not so sure that the same answer is going to be right for everyone. Hell, just look at the Inuit people, they have genetic differences that allow them to live on a high fat diet and have lower risk of heart disease than most of us down south.

So who the fuck knows?

I know several of my family members, including myself, will look you dead in the eye and say that they feel the best when they eat a more paleo diet. But most of them will say that with a diet coke in their hand and a prescription for lipitor in their pocket.
    Well stated... As I said in another post...our lack of physical movement and sedentary lifestyle is to blame for obesity more than anything. Kids don't play outside much anymore, instead they sit behind a computer or Nintendo all afternoon. Adults do much of the same. Very very few jobs require the same physical labor that they used to. I really think that plays a bigger role in our health problems today than anything else. Although diet is a very very close second. Most people's food choices are a joke. Genetics also play a role for some. There is no silver bullet.

Not to discount your opinion but most people will say that after being on any diet.

Mash here ->
    Now I know how tooth feels. I am not saying you can't eat eggs and bacon. I am not saying the American Heart Association is pushing the right diet. I am saying everything must be in moderation. You can't just eat bacon, eggs, sausage, steak, hamburgers, hotdogs, ribs, etc, etc. and expect to not have issues. And there are some people that argue that you can. I think it's utter bullshit. Your body needs a healthy variety of foods to optimally sustain itself. The guy who eats a large quantity of meat, along with vegetables, fruits, nuts, etc is going to have a better chance at living a healthy life than the guy who just chews on a piece of meat at every meal.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    Not to discount your opinion but most people will say that after being on any diet.
    Yea, I can see that. But it holds a little more water when your wife has Crohn's disease and your dad came off of the cholesterol medication.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I am saying everything must be in moderation.
    Wrong

It's not so much the American diet as it is that some kids have crackhead parents that don't give a crap about them. If they do eat it is junk food and fast food. It's pretty expensive to eat healthy, and when a mom has five kids on welfare she isn't shopping in the greeneville Harris teeter with most kids moms on here. Then some kids parents don't have the sense God gave a turkey between them. Peds has def taught me that 30% of kids are raised by their grandparents...if they are lucky enough to have them. I also believe that there is some warehouse somewhere full of all the dads that fathered all these kids. Bc they sure aren't at home. Then when you ask mom have you been reading with your kid? "Ah he would rather play on my phone." Then that kids brain gets used to having massive amounts of stimulation to pay attention. Then you have a fat kid with ADD. Welcome to America.
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Should have quoted you MM...I got a little carried away haha
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Yea, I can see that. But it holds a little more water when your wife has Crohn's disease and your dad came off of the cholesterol medication.
    That's good stuff. My gf has a horrible case of celiac so I can understand.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    That's good stuff. My gf has a horrible case of celiac so I can understand.
    Yea, you know exactly what I mean then. There are times when I think my wife was misdiagnosed and she actually just has celiacs.