Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: stupid people

So we gonna google fight now?

Last edited by Glenn; 09-15-2016 at 08:06 AM.

This is boring. I am going to tapout and ensure I drink my casein before I go to bed tonight.
    Last edited by led0321; 09-15-2016 at 08:55 AM.

^what he said
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I do agree with the angry dentist. Trying to justify a diet based on what we think people ate years ago is silly. It is conjecture and it's also not relevant. Everyone and everything has changed in the last thousand years. Our lifestyles are way more sedentary, the foods we have access to are different, and the medicines that keep us alive also give us new exposure to illnesses that weren't a concern before because you never lived long enough to ever experience it.

Although literature and research does show that insulin spikes are more exhasberated by simple carbs, high fat meat isnt without it's pitfalls either. A person eating mostly bacon and eggs, hotdogs and hamburgers is going to have high triglycerides and a blocked artery no matter how many carbs they eat.

i guess no one read my link/

Glenn's is actually a good one and supports me. I guess he didnt read it either. Its a meta-analysis of past studies, showing the bias towards sugar so the world population wouldn't vilify it. I agree. Sugar is bad.

Some grains are better than others. That research agrees. Meat isn't hardly mentioned.

Someone please read my link.

I'm not angry. I love a good debate. Glenn's brain works which is why I like to argue with him. No offense to some of you others.

Meat isnt murder. meat tastes yummy. Fatty meat tastes yummier. BUT its still not a necessary dietary component.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    BUT its still not a necessary dietary component.
    It is for me, and let's be honest, I'm really all that matters.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

CAN you get protein from other sources? Yes. Kendrick Farris of all people has proven that in his training. The question is why would you want to? Soy sucks.

The debate, at least to me, is whether or not meat, in it's most natural form, is bad for you and causes all these diseases. It isn't and it doesn't.

Carnivores and omnivores the globe over would have never made it to this point if it were. Modern medical ailments that have turbo charged the medical and pharmaceutical industry can be traced back to processed grains and refined sugar. Period. Dot. End of story.

The debate, at least to me, is whether or not meat, in it's most natural form, is bad for you and causes all these diseases. It isn't and it doesn't.
    I agree (with minor reservations).

thank you for including PROCESSED before the word grains.

We both whole-heartedly agree on the sugar part.

TOTALLY agree about the pharm part.

Read "the omnivores dilemma" or "the china study." Both very intriguing reading.

What about the body making hormones and such? Haven't they shown in research that vegan/vegetarian people lack the lipids/cholesterol's to make important hormones?

And b12, lets not forget b12. I think all vegans have to supplement b12, and then theres the fish oil conundrum. They need to eat insane amounts of algae to get the epa/dha levels right, correct? I think they can get some from some linoleic acid, but something like only 10% of that converts into epa/dha, so you would have to chug flax seed oil all day.

But I really think the main blow to the vegan/vegetarian diet is that you need fats to make hormones and I like my testosterone levels high, so pass the steaks this way, you can keep your soy burger.

Granted this is all stuff I've just listened to/read to pass time. I'm not a phd working in a lab testing anything, I don't even have a college degree.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Eat your egg yokes if you like testosterone.....

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    I do agree with the angry dentist. Trying to justify a diet based on what we think people ate years ago is silly. It is conjecture and it's also not relevant. Everyone and everything has changed in the last thousand years. Our lifestyles are way more sedentary, the foods we have access to are different, and the medicines that keep us alive also give us new exposure to illnesses that weren't a concern before because you never lived long enough to ever experience it.

Although literature and research does show that insulin spikes are more exhasberated by simple carbs, high fat meat isnt without it's pitfalls either. A person eating mostly bacon and eggs, hotdogs and hamburgers is going to have high triglycerides and a blocked artery no matter how many carbs they eat.
    This is a lot of mixed up gibberish and you've bought into the lie.

A person who eats bacon and eggs and lots of it in the absence of bread and sugar will not have high triglycerides. That person will be healthy. Fact.

A person who eats a lot of hamburgers and hotdogs combined with anything else they want to eat will have a long list of ailments of which heart disease markers will be only a small part. Also fact.

However, even the best diet is marginalized without high intensity exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    But I really think the main blow to the vegan/vegetarian diet is that you need fats to make hormones and I like my testosterone levels high, so pass the steaks this way, you can keep your soy burger.
    That is one of the points I was going to make as well. Interesting that moodiness is one of the symptoms of Low Test.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I'm about to eat a hook and ladder salad from firehouse.

Double meat.

TWSS

ha. i get the same salad. its across the street from my office.

fish oil? did someone actually talk about fish oil? read the current literature. fish oil doesnt work. the studies were faulty.

testosterone? hormones? gosh. that's not even relevant. everlast has already tried the "2th is grumpy bc he has low T". Y'all need to STOP googling. The pharmaceutical people are winning when you do that.

and the opposite of meat isnt soy so yall stop with that, too, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    For the win.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    ha. i get the same salad. its across the street from my office.

fish oil? did someone actually talk about fish oil? read the current literature. fish oil doesnt work. the studies were faulty.

testosterone? hormones? gosh. that's not even relevant. everlast has already tried the "2th is grumpy bc he has low T". Y'all need to STOP googling. The pharmaceutical people are winning when you do that.
    Ok, so the fish oil thing may be up for debate but I feel like you really side skirted the hormones thing. I made no claims about your personal levels, but apparently someone struck a chord. So are we supposed to believe that hormones are no longer important too? Faulty research on that as well I guess?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    This is a lot of mixed up gibberish and you've bought into the lie.

A person who eats bacon and eggs and lots of it in the absence of bread and sugar will not have high triglycerides. That person will be healthy. Fact.

A person who eats a lot of hamburgers and hotdogs combined with anything else they want to eat will have a long list of ailments of which heart disease markers will be only a small part. Also fact.

However, even the best diet is marginalized without high intensity exercise.
    Bought into what lie? A person eating a steady diet of eggs and bacon will end up in a cath lab or mortuary. A person eating a steady diet of eggs, bacon, grits, and sweet tea will also end up there. Just fatter and probably with diabetes. A person eating eggs and bacon in moderation along with oatmeal, fruits, vegetables, grilled chicken, salmon, almonds, avocado, steak, etc will be a healthy person provided they also stay active.

People are now figuring out that constantly varying their workout is better for their bodies and maximizing their potential in the gym. Doing the same with a healthy varied diet is of the same mindset. Eating a varied mix of healthy foods optimizes your health much more so than just eating the same three or four foods all the time.
    Last edited by marsh chicken; 09-15-2016 at 01:32 PM.