Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Havoc Boats

Default Havoc Boats

Who all here is running them and how do you like them? And pros or cons? Anything I should or shouldn't get on one? And what sizes and setups are y'all running?
    If You Bait them They Will Come!

ive got a 1553 with a 40merc. i have had it for 3years. love the boat. if i had to do it over again, i would have gone a little bigger, maybe 1656, and would have gotten a livewell, rod box, and high deck. But it seems im doing alot more fishing out of mine now, so those features are just things that would make fishing more comfortable out of a jon boat.

keep in mine that these boats have a wider floor, but a narrower beam than most boats. so a 1553 will have more stability than say a normal 1548, but it will have similiar beam width at the top.

My son has the 1656 with a 2 stroke Tohatsu 50 on it. I helped him put the CMC kick plate and the 3 inch Vance jackplate on it. All that with a 4 blade prop, makes for a dang good river running, swamp riding, and hunting boat. With the motor jacked up, he runs in a lot places that only has a 1 to 2 foot of water. If I was buying another jon boat, this would definitely be my first choice.
    E T

550 with 40merc...no regrets

Nice boat Eddie, what kinda speed he getting trimmed out and just him?
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

ET and fam do have / have had some nice looking boats

edge, similar boat with the narrow beam....650 with yam 50 4 stroke

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Nice boat Eddie, what kinda speed he getting trimmed out and just him?
    I think he said it ran around 43 with the 15 pitch 4 blade prop. When you get these boats setup right, they can definitely run shallow water and cut good in the timber and small creeks.
    E T

Plenty fast.
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Coming in Hot has one with a F70. I'm sure he'll chime in later.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

I have a 1756 edge. To me it's the perfect SC boat. I will put a 70 4 stroke on it one day, but the 60 2 stroke still does everything I want from it.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

I've had plenty of them. Nice boats

I swear its tempting me to buy a mid deck 550 for my little 3 hole 25.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

656dbst with a 90 yamaha. This is my second one. I wouldnt own another aluminum boat
    Last edited by duckboy84; 07-20-2016 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    I swear its tempting me to buy a mid deck 550 for my little 3 hole 25.
    Be a nice package. I am runnin a MV1448 Triton w/25 Johnson on it and love the ride. Lots if room for that size hull

Default Havoc Boats

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Be a nice package. I am runnin a MV1448 Triton w/25 Johnson on it and love the ride. Lots if room for that size hull

You're welcome
    Last edited by britton40; 07-21-2016 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    ive got a 1553 with a 40merc. i have had it for 3years. love the boat. if i had to do it over again, i would have gone a little bigger, maybe 1656, and would have gotten a livewell, rod box, and high deck. But it seems im doing alot more fishing out of mine now, so those features are just things that would make fishing more comfortable out of a jon boat.

keep in mine that these boats have a wider floor, but a narrower beam than most boats. so a 1553 will have more stability than say a normal 1548, but it will have similiar beam width at the top.
    sell me yours and get u what you want. I like how yours is laid out
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    sell me yours and get u what you want. I like how yours is laid out
    DONT TEMP ME

Sold!

I'm serious. Ive got a few people interested in my war eagle and if I can get logistics right I might be game. It is a short transom isn't it?

Thanks for all the input. I'm looking at a 1650 DBST with high deck. Who did y'all order yalls from?
    If You Bait them They Will Come!