Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Protest in Dallas

Our pastor preached this morning from Proverbs, and how speech/words we choose to use can diffuse a situation, exalt someone, or stir the pot. Only the fool stirs the pot... My words, not his. It was convicting to say the least. We all need to be on our knees praying to God in Heaven. Pray for our leaders. Pray for our country. Pray for each other. If we can/will show our love for others as Christians, and not stir the pot with those we disagree with, it could make a difference in the "world" we live in. None of us are perfect, but God tells us to love one another. I struggle with that sometimes, but that's what I have been instructed to do.
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 07-10-2016 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    The point was made loud and clear.

And while we are making points, stop with the you must be a kid stick. You do that to everyone that disagrees with you and frankly it's worn out. Come up with a new one. And not "you must be a liberal". That is worn out too.
    Sonny, you're exaggerating, again. And when you act like a child, I'll call you on it, and you've been acting like one... "stomping your feet", "sticking your fingers in your ears", "refusing to read whole posts and bragging about it...". So act like the man you think you are and quit acting like a little punk and we might listen. Also, come up with accurate facts if you want to really make a valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Or you could just post facts or shut the fuck up.
    I did post facts above and you've chosen to ignore them. Therein lies one of your major problems and it's pervasive, just like you playing being the grammar policeman here. When people are using phones and tablets and dealing with 'auto correct' software, they miss stuff, especially when typing with one or two fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    I'm with dawg on this one, the twitter texts are proven to be fake. Anyone that knows they are fake and yet still use them to support an argument is no better that a BLM agitator pushing their false narratives

Originally Posted by WoodieSC
    And I said that it didn't matter to me whether those Twitter feeds were real or fake

^^^^ that is some pretty dumb shit right there.
    Sorry we disagree, scatter shot. But I didn't use those fake Twitter feeds to support an argument, and you've chosen to only quote that one part of what I stated. That's what is 'pretty dumb shit'. If you're going to argue with my comments, quote and refer to the whole thing. Reread my comments in full and I believe you'll realize it.

scbulldog, same to you. Comprehend what was really said and instead of just blindly agreeing with uga_dawg you just might find yourself understanding my point(s).
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 07-10-2016 at 02:15 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by britton40 View Post
    I ain't no tigger fan bo. Go Cocks.
    Watson will soon be gone and their 15 mins of fame will be gone until another 35 years goes by. The world will soon be righted again

Wtf are you talking about "accurate facts" and "arguments"

The "argument" is that people are repeating lies and the "accurate fact" is way back on whatever godforsaken page that where people were repeating lies to our faces....

Talk of "acccurate facts" sounds mighty hollow from people spreading deceit and then when called out on it are craven enough to say they don't care about the lies

Are we honestly so fair-weather that we forget the 9th commandment when unChristian ideology clouds our thoughts?
    Last edited by DUCKBLINDNESS; 07-10-2016 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcole View Post
    Emotions and nerves are high right now. Last night I thought it was fun going back and forth ya-yaing , but in the light of day I realize that we're falling into a trap and giving these divisive jackasses exactly what they want. My apologies to the op for my part of derailing his thread, and to uga dawg for the pissing contest. Seriously, guys, let's put this energy into praying for our country and our children. At the end of the day, this little episode could blow over, or it could really get bad, but either way, this country is headed in a direction only the man upstairs can rescue us from..
    Well said. My apologies to you as well sir.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 07-10-2016 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DUCKBLINDNESS View Post
    Wtf are you talking about "accurate facts" and "arguments"

The "argument" is that people are repeating lies and the "accurate fact" is way back on whatever godforsaken page that where people were repeating lies to our faces....

Talk of "acccurate facts" sounds mighty hollow from people spreading deceit and then when called out on it are craven enough to say they don't care about the lies

Are we honestly so fair-weather that we forget the 9th commandment when unChristian ideology clouds our thoughts?
    See, there you go. You called me 'slow', yet you have no frickin' idea as to who you're really trying to argue with. Go argue with Fish (post #211?) for posting the original link to the Oathkeepers page that described and analyzed that Twitter exchange, and more importantly, went in to detail regarding all of the other activities that have been going on, etc.

Then argue with Mergie for posting only a small part (the supposed Twitter exchange) instead of forcing you numbnuts to go read the entire link so that you can argue pro or con on ALL of the points being made by the Oathkeepers... which, again, is much more extensive than just those Twitter posts.

Then go back and you'll see that I never copied or 'spread' those Twitter posts.
    Several others did, but I don't see you trying to piss in their coffee, so get out of mine.

Then, if you're capable, go do some real homework instead of acting like a troll and try to be objective as to whether the arguments on the Oathkeepers page/site make more sense in this whole debate.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 07-10-2016 at 02:38 PM.
    ~ George Washington

Hey man I'm sorry for getting confused as to who I'm talking to. I'm new and don't really know folks yet. I apologize if my charges of hypocrisy were directed at the wrong target.

If you don't subscribe to outright falsehoods for the purpose of division then were all good ��

Hey man I'm sorry for getting confused as to who I'm talking to. I'm new and don't really know folks yet. I apologize if my charges of hypocrisy were directed at the wrong target.

If you don't subscribe to outright falsehoods for the purpose of division then were all good ��
    Apology accepted. Thank you.

And, no, I don't subscribe to using outright falsehoods for the purpose of division. I deplore it.

But therein lies the point I was trying to make, and obviously didn't spell it out thoroughly enough for those of you who don't read the full articles at links like Fish posted that started all of this. And, for the record, if you read the full article at that Oathkeepers page, objectively, I think any reasonable man/woman will understand why I stated that "it doesn't matter if those Twitter posts are fake or real".

The point being is that that stuff has and is really going on, and has been for about 2 years or so (openly). Soros has and still is (reportedly) financing the protests and riots by the BLM crowd, BLM is recruiting and advertising for protests and such at both of the conventions, Obama, Jarrett, and Lynch have (per many sources) met with BLM on several occasions instead of designating them as a terrorist organization, even though the BLM, Farrakhan, Al Sharpton, and the Black Panther Party have called for the murders of LEO's and "10,000" white people in general. If any of us did that openly we'd be up on charges for making threats.

Peace... I've got some work to do.
    ~ George Washington

Come on my man. I'm Tryon to bear with you but I just can't cosign that that doesnt matter

If somethings true then why lie about it?

It seems like some racebaiting bs and that's not what im about

Edied to add
    Last edited by DUCKBLINDNESS; 07-10-2016 at 04:20 PM.

Come on my man. I'm Tryon to bear with you but I just can't cosign that that doesnt matter

If somethings true then why lie about it?

It seems like some racebaiting bs and that's not what im about

Edied to add
    I'm not trying to 'race bait' anyone, and I don't believe the Oathkeepers are either. Obviously a lot of people do, though.

When I say "it doesn't matter", I'm not saying I don't really care about the falsehoods, only that in the big scheme of things that one isn't going to make any difference to speak of, IMO. That is, this crap is going to continue, and, unfortunately, probably accelerate because there are many out there who want it to happen, for whatever reason, and there's a LOT of money behind that effort. We all can only do what we can in our little corners of the world to try to keep things calm and reasonable.

If you want to argue and fight with race-baiters, go find some BLM'ers, some Black Panthers, anyone who supports Farrakhan, Al Sharpton, or dig up Lil' Barry O himself, the ultimate race-baiter of them all, other than Michelle.
    ~ George Washington

It boggles the mind that people can be so blase about the truth.

Again.....if it's true then why lie about it?

In honestly wondering

It boggles the mind that people can be so blase about the truth.

Again.....if it's true then why lie about it?

In honestly wondering
    I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but I'll give it a shot.

Btw, in case you're wondering, I'm not being "blasé" about the truth, or the lack thereof, in my earlier posts, just realistic. I actually get pretty upset about these lyin' scumbags, but since that group includes so many people and organizations I "try" to force myself to keep an eye on what's really going on and not get too wrapped in the smoke screens and diversions that these snakes are so good at. I obviously don't always succeed.

Why are scumbags and thugs the way they are? Heck, why can't politicians speak the truth instead of twisted gobbledygook? Why do car salesmen have reputations for being slippery? Why can't Hillary tell the truth about anything? Why can't we trust our President to not undermine our country?

I can only believe it comes down to good and evil, with a lot of grayness in between.

As for why someone would lie about something that was actually true... I can only guess that either they want to hide that it's true, or they want to control the spin on how it's interpreted.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 07-10-2016 at 09:50 PM.
    ~ George Washington

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

And...

Only days ago, the Twitter account of one of the leaders of Black Lives Matter, Deray McKesson, was hacked according to this story from the Baltimore Sun. The account was then used by the hacker(s) to send out pro-Donald Trump tweets while belittling 'Black Lives Matter'. Interestingly enough, a series of direct message conversations between McKesson and another leader of Black Lives Matter, Johnetta Elzie, has just been made public and the conversation that took place between McKesson and Elzie as seen in the screenshots below should be sending up another huge red flag to America: BLM is working with those inside the Obama administration to stop the November election.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Loretta Lynch Gives Shout-Out to Black Lives Matter: ‘Do Not Be Discouraged’ July 8, 2016

“We are going to rape and gut your pregnant wife, and your f—ing piece of sh-t unborn creature will be hung from a tree.”
    Members of the Black Lives Matter movement should not get “discouraged by those who would use your lawful actions as a cover for their heinous violence,” Attorney General Loretta Lynch said Friday.

Her encouragement of the radical movement came a few hours after five officers were gunned down and six were wounded by an African-American radical attacker during a Black Lives Matter protest in Dallas.

Throughout her Friday statement, she zig-zagged between her calls for more political protests, her suggestions that cops should be blamed for the high number of African-Americans killed during interactions with law enforcement, and her calls for less violence during political protests.

“After the events this week, Americans across the country are feeling a sense of helplessness, of uncertainty, of fear. Now, these feelings are understandable and they are justified. But the answer must not be violence. The answer must never be violence,” Lynch said.

“Rather, the answer must be action: calm, peaceful, collaborative and determined action. Calm, peaceful, collaborative and determined action. We must continue working to build trust between communities and law enforcement. We must continue working to guarantee every person in this country equal justice under the law,” she said.

She played up the administration’s pre-election focus on gun control, instead of the political conflicts that spur violence. “And we must take a hard look at the ease at which wrongdoers can get their hands on deadly weapons, and the frequency with which they use them,” she said.

Like many officials, Lynch also implied moral equivalence between the deliberately murdered officers in Dallas and the suspects killed by other police officers on duty. “This has been a week of profound grief and heartbreaking loss. The peaceful protest that was planned in Dallas last night was organized in response to the tragic deaths of Alton Sterling in Louisiana and Philando Castile in Minnesota. We have opened a civil rights investigation in Louisiana and we are providing assistance to local authorities in Minnesota who are leading the investigation there,” said Lynch.

“Today, we are feeling the devastating loss of Dallas Area Rapid Transit Officer Brent Thompson and four other fallen officers whose names remain unreleased as we await notification of all the families.”

She took time to say she sympathized with the growing number of families of dead police officers, but did not mention the several other officer killed since late 2014. “They are mourned by all of us. To the families of all who have lost their lives in this series of tragedies, we share your pain and your loss. To our brother and sisters that wear the badge, I want you to know that I am deeply grateful for the difficult and dangerous work you do every day, to keep our streets safe and our nation secure.”

Lynch repeatedly appeared to praise Black Lives Matter, though not by name, and encouraged black racial activists to continue demonstrating against police. “To those who seek to improve our country, through peaceful protest and protected speech, I want you to know that your voice is important. Do not be discouraged by those who would use your lawful actions as a cover for their heinous violence,” she continued.

“We will continue to safeguard your constitutional rights and to work with you in the difficult mission of building a better nation and a brighter future. And to all Americans, I ask you, I implore you: Do not let this week precipitate a new normal in this country. I ask you to turn to each other, not against each other as we move forward.”

But some of those demonstrators not easily restrained. Some black activists in Dallas called for murdering whites and police officers just last summer, telling one veteran: “We are going to rape and gut your pregnant wife, and your f—ing piece of sh-t unborn creature will be hung from a tree.”

The Attorney General also included some vague calls for unity amid her controversial support for the divisive BLM movement.

“And above all, we must reject the easy impulses of bitterness and rancor, and embrace the difficult work, but the important work, the vital work, of finding a path forward together. And above everything, we must remind ourselves that we are all Americans. And as Americans, we share not just a common land, but a common life. Not just common goals, but a common heart and soul.”