Thread: Arrow rest

Default Arrow rest

I have been using QAD drop away rest for years now, but here is my problem. Each one that I have bought after 2 to 3 years of use the break stops working and the rest is popping up and hitting my arrow. I have been using the mid grade rest. I am getting ready to put a new rest on my bow and wanted to know what people suggested. I would like to stick with a drop away. What are you guys using.

As a side note it was suggested to me to get the better grade QAD but I am reserve because of a fool me once kinda thing.

I'm probably one of the few who believe there is no better hunting rest than a whisker biscuit. Drop aways have moving parts and it's one more thing to worry with.

Go ask the guys at Jeff's Archery. They are the the best. You can take their suggestions as the gospel.

I have had a few QAD HDX on different bows. I have never had an issue. I did however have the QAD Hunter model on a Z7 that was junk and was quickly replaced with the HDX model. IMO they are the best drop away unless you prefer a limb driven drop away such as a Vapor Trail.

Get a limb driven rest. If you sight is a single pin slider you should probably get one that is meant to be attached to the bottom limb.

Unlike QAD there's no need to clamp anything to your cable or have to press the bow to split the cable and tie the cord in. All you have to do is stick the rubber grip piece up next to the axle on the limb and tie a knot. Make sure the cord is somewhat tight and the rest is all the way down when the bow is not drawn.

There are less things to fail on a limb driven rest and basically no timing the rest issues. The drawback is that your arrow doesn't stay up if you were to let down.

FWIW I use the limbdriver pro V model. No problems and no complaints.

You idiots overthink everything.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    You idiots overthink everything.
    Or that

If you don't beat the shit out of your equipment and you have 1/4 of an idea of what you are doing with a bow you will have no issues (minus a rare factory defect) with a drop away. You just have to be smarter than the drop away, that's all.

I've shot the Trophy Ridge Smackdown Pro for the last 5 or 6 years. Never failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'm probably one of the few who believe there is no better hunting rest than a whisker biscuit. Drop aways have moving parts and it's one more thing to worry with.

That's all I use.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    A whisker biscuit is the way to go.

Whisker biscuit. No brainer. Doesn't look as cool as some of these other newer rests but will still be going strong when these others are in the trash
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

LimbDriver

You may also have your string too tight which over time will wear out the "gears" in a QAD.
    Last edited by StrutnBPS; 06-12-2016 at 08:48 AM.