Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Ford Ecoboosts

Quote Originally Posted by duckplucker View Post
    Ford should of just stuck with the old 300 straight 6, that was a good motor.
    As was the 351/cid.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by duckplucker View Post
    Ford should of just stuck with the old 300 straight 6, that was a good motor.
    yeah and itd pull.

FWIW, bought a 2015 5.0 5k miles ago... avg 21.5 going back and forth to work... 24mpg on the interstate, has some get up and go too.... so far im pleased with it..
    It may be lonely at the top, but its a bitch at the bottom...

Is that hand calculated mileage or just what the display says?

that's going off the display, ive checked it and its pretty darn close though... 40mile round trip each day to work, fill up once a week

Find a FX4 with a 36 gallon extended range tank. I love my '16 5.0 other than the transfer case tick that Ford has yet to fix. Eco boost and 5.0 in 4x4 from some part of 2015-present have this tick while in motion (truck on in drive, neutral or coasting with the key off from 25mph-60mph when the road noise drowns it out). Shop foreman heard it when I took it in to get looked at. He said at this time there is no TSB for him to take directive from and he doesn't want to throw parts at it if it's going to keep doing it. Many on the ford forums are complaining about this. I have a paper trail at the dealer with the complaints logged. Here soon I am going to contact a regional customer service rep to see what I can do.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundswat View Post
    FWIW, bought a 2015 5.0 5k miles ago... avg 21.5 going back and forth to work... 24mpg on the interstate, has some get up and go too.... so far im pleased with it..
    You must have a 2x4 with helium in the tires. That is really good.

My son just bought a 2016 F150 with the 5.0. He is averaging around 21 MPG. When pulling the 17 foot center console, he said it drops down to 16/17. I would stick with the proven 5.0 if I was buying Ford. Me I am a Chevy guy. I got the 5.3.
    E T

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    You must have a 2x4 with helium in the tires. That is really good.
    ha, 2X4, hell it may have helium in it, those guys at the dealership are always sketchy... not leanin on that gas pedal helps too...

Quote Originally Posted by Groundswat View Post
    ha, 2X4, hell it may have helium in it, those guys at the dealership are always sketchy... not leanin on that gas pedal helps too...
    4X2 and yea the 5.0 will eat some gas if you bury the pedal
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

frickin home construction will do that too ya. and that bit of rumble is tempting, especially when you got grandma driving 35 on the highway in front of you.

My 5.0 won't get more than 16 in city and that's babying it, 24 seems crazy. I do know that the newer body startle fords do have lighter aluminum frame though
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    I'm not here to bash, all of them have there problems. I've put two timing chains in 11-13 models for rattle on cold start up, all kinds of PCV issues and gunk on the intake valves.

5.0 has been around forever, a tried and true engine with about the same mileage..... no brainer to me.
    I agree the 5.0 has been around forever and is great.....there is a recall to place cam phasers and timing chain free of charge
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

They are great on gas mileage until you lift them and put larger tires on, then things go downhill quick.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I think there is a recall on 2913 f 150 for master cylinder too. I thought cam phaser issue was on the old 3 valve 5.4 triton?

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    My 5.0 won't get more than 16 in city and that's babying it, 24 seems crazy. I do know that the newer body startle fords do have lighter aluminum frame though
    Taking 700# out a full size pickup and expecting 5mpg increases is like thinking you'll squat 20# more if you take a shit first.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I've tried to be better at this but I can't help myself.

You don't buy full size trucks for fuel economy. I always get a kick out of these threads. If you want fuel economy, buy a diesel. The maintenance and upkeep will offset the saving on fuel though.

Bottom line, 15 mpg in a full size rig is good. Buy what you want and move on.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    They are great on gas mileage until you lift them and put larger tires on, then things go downhill quick.
    Thats rocket science.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Taking 700# out a full size pickup and expecting 5mpg increases is like thinking you'll squat 20# more if you take a shit first.

I call bs on 24 mpg in any full size. On the contrary, I might could squat 20lbs more if I take a shit first

That is one thing I've never done and that is lift a truck. Whatever I decide on will be leveled and just a tad bigger tire than factory.