Thread: 1 pass

I got 1 pass this week end on master hunter with my wirehair this week end. got dumped saturday. bird flushed and she took a step and thats all she wrote. Master can be a real bitch. But thats OK she wil get the next 4 pass's this year. I hope!
    Proud owner of 3 AKC.Bench Champion MASTER HUNTERS

Our first master pass. 1 down 4 to go

Congrat's GDG. Sure makes a papa proud don't it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Congrats GDG!! [img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img] They don't cut any slack in master do they? Reckon that is why it's fun.

By the by...why did that good lookin' dog let you in the pic with it? [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

Good Deal! [img]graemlins/jmo.gif[/img]
    Leadership in Service<br /><br />Dream Big and Dare to Fail..<br /><br />\"And the sky was full of Anatadae\".. Mr. Buck

Way to go!
    I'm looking forward to running some AKC Spaniel tests with my American Water Spaniels, Nappy Brown and Gurley. The AWS just recieved AKC classification as Spaniels. Before, we could only run in HRC, as AKC didn't classify them as Spaniels or Retrievers.
    Professor
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)

Originally posted by Professor:
    Way to go!
    The AWS just recieved AKC classification as Spaniels. Professor
    Please enlighten me as to why you feel this is a good thing? We've fought for years to KEEP our beloved Swamp Poodles from receiving AKC recognition. They've fucked up enough breeds, don't you think?

I have to agree with my rarely heard from friend... wait till you see one of your breed listed as a "champion" because of how it looks but when it smells a bird it runs the other way...

Boys I agree that the AKC can screw up a breed. But it is the parent club that does most of the screwing. Moatsy that picture of me and my wirehair she has a CH in front of her name. Ch southpaw left Handed Gunner JH SH and soon to be MH. So just because you see a CH in the name doesn't all ways mean that they can't hunt. My dogs mother was a show Champion and a Master Hunter. I owned trained and handled her too. It's all in the breeding and the owners to take a dog out and do what the dog was breed to do.

I know Gunndog... I would expect CH to mean a hunter... and I think it's great to have show dogs and agility and all of the other stuff if it keeps the dogs active.
    I suppose we have learned our lesson from the irish setter nad maybe breeding for looks is not as much of a problem anymore...

Boys I agree that the AKC can screw up a breed. But it is the parent club that does most of the screwing.
    GDG is exactly right!!!

The parent club is the one who lets things get out of hand. Take the Chesapeake Bay Retriever for example. It is the only Retrieving breed that I know of that has individual dogs who are both show Chanmpions and FC-AFC. That is because the American Chesapeake Club so strongly has written the breed standard with an emphasis on what the breed was bred for.

Originally posted by curlybackdogs:
    [QUOTE Take the Chesapeake Bay Retriever for example. It is the only Retrieving breed that I know of that has individual dogs who are both show Chanmpions and FC-AFC. That is because the American Chesapeake Club so strongly has written the breed standard with an emphasis on what the breed was bred for.
    Hmmm...I thought it was 'cause all Chessies were butt ugly and you can't tell'em apart when competing against each other [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

Butt Ugly is the breed standard I was talking about. That, and biting the hand that feeds it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Curlyback the wairhairs also do the FC-AFC. they call them dual champions. I quess it is only for use ugly dog breeders

I agree with you fully GDG. The numbers of Duals in a breed will show you the split in the breed between show and field dogs. I am glad that some breed standards have remained focused on the intent the dog was bred for while still trying to improve the breed.

We can't help it if our dogs are ugly. [img]smile.gif[/img]

If you can't improve the breed then don't breed. I have always tried to improve my blood lines when picking a sire for my bitchs. I find the strong points in the sire that are weak points in the damn. And vice versa. But you are right about the duals it shows the hunt is still in the dog. I'm not in to the field trials so I do the hunt tests this will be my 2nd Master dog. in as many generations. And hope to keep it going. I don't breed to make money just to keep my blood line going. so I will always have something from my foundation bitch.

GDG, too bad a dog doesn't have to have at least a senior hunter title before they can go in a show ring. That would eliminate some of these show dogs that don't even resemble their hunting cousins of the same breed.

Keep up the good work! I still want to get a GWP from you one day.

Just let know when your ready. Plan on breeding her next Dec.