Gentlemen,

Drake, my 7 year old chocolate male had what I believe to be a seizure about an hour ago. My wife and I were across the street at a Christmas party and my daughter called me frantic. She said Drake was running all over the house, stumbling the whole time and shaking. I rushed home and found him on the dining room floor; eyes rolled back in his head and fully dialated. He was totally unresponsive. I got a cold wet washcloth and put it on his jawl and massaged his shoulders and loins as hard as I could. A couple of times he tried to "come to" but just couldn't do it. Finally, after about fifteen minutes from when he started the episode, I was able to get him on his feet. He stumbled around for about a minute and then "came to." He had a couple similar episodes 4 years ago, took him to the vet and they ran tests. Said he was not epileptic and there was nothing they could do for him.

Drake's sleeping at my feet right now and has been "normal" for the past 45 minutes. Have y'all experienced anything like this and what should I do (is there anything I can do)? He comes from a very solid blood line (got him from Beaver Creek kennels in St. Matthews) and does not have ocular degeneration, epilepsy or hip dysplasia anywhere in his blood line. I'm pretty much at a loss right now and am absolutely scared to death! Any and all advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks, fellas.

Ty.