Thread: Chessie Puppies

does anyone know of anywhere in the area that has chessies and if so could you post some info or pm it to me. id appreciate any info. thanks
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I know a man that has a couple of Registered dogs (8 mo olds) that he is willing to sell. They are left over from a litter of 10 he had. Don't know anything about them other than the sire is a good dog. I wouldn't recommend that you get one without taking time to check them out carefully. What Guru said has been my experience. One man dogs that aren't real friendly. The man is at the airport in Moncks Corner and has the dogs there. I can provide name and phone if interested PM.
    An average hunt becomes great with a good dog

An 8 month old cheesie would be asking for trouble. They would have a hard time with a new owner now. Like gundog said they really love their owner and these already have one. Couple that with the fact that they are like teens at this age and probably haven't been trained and can be very stuborn anyway. Not sure you could do much with em. They are difficult enough getting them as puppies. Don't get me wrong, it's a great breed for the right person. I have one and will probably get another, just really look at what your getting into before you do it.
    Breaking clays<br />makes my day,<br />but eating skeet<br />ain\'t no treat.

ive been wanting a chessie real bad for a long time. one of the guys i used to hunt with had one and i loved it. and i dont really mind a one person dog. id like to have a puppy though, 8 mo is kinda old. i appreciate the info anyway
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I know a few breeders but none near here, steer clear of the 8 mo dogs.....seen one run.....All I am going to say. I am getting one from here in a few months. Colonial chesapeakes And have my current one from here. Bertram chesapeakes
    And highly recommend either breeder, very nice dogs, tractable and above all NICE temperaments. Will have to fly them in and pay more but will be getting a top quality dog from great breeders.
    Wheeew!! Don\'t worry everything is ok.....I didn\'t spill my beer!!