Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: boat ramp fishing

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    Maybe not but you can fish from a public dock. You can hunt public water.... And all your belly aching makes you sound, no it makes you an anti fishermaN and a fucking retard. if you are having so much trouble at public docks go to a pay ramp OR just come on Scducks and make yourself look dumb as a box of shit!
    FWIW, I've never had an issue.

Posted from Samsung S7 Edge via TapaTalk.

Well normally there is a fishing dock and a boat dock isn't there? The ones I ride by seem to have them.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    Maybe not but you can fish from a public dock. You can hunt public water.... And all your belly aching makes you sound, no it makes you an anti fishermaN and a fucking retard. if you are having so much trouble at public docks go to a pay ramp OR just come on Scducks and make yourself look dumb as a box of shit!
    this.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Focus boys, Kayaks and paddle boards are the true axis of evil.
    Griff has been bitching about registering all kayaks on here for years. Maybe stay out of the most popular creek in Charleston if you can't handle it.

It all comes down to being polite. If you can move your pole while I try to load my boat, it's getting cut... Likewise, don't act surprised if you get ran over or swamped while you paddle your stupid ass yellow kayak down the middle of a channel, and not yield to a big mf motor boat. And multi-person vehicles should get priority over recreational bicycles.

Don't tax and regulate this country to death because a handful of idiots can't apply common sense. America, no longer the land of the free.

Focus boys, Kayaks and paddle boards are the true axis of evil.
    Hey you wanna go kayaking before you move brother?
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    this.

Griff has been bitching about registering all kayaks on here for years. Maybe stay out of the most popular creek in Charleston if you can't handle it.
    America, no longer the land of the free.
    It's a shame but you are right. If it was the land of the free I would punch every one of you kayak owning fagots in the mouth
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Boat registrations pay for boat landings.

Cane poles dont even require a fishing license. I am vested in the use of a ramp. They are not. I am as courteous as they are. I live and let live. But, if some entitled jackass wont reel his shit up, I am pulling it out of my prop later.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

It's a shame but you are right. If it was the land of the free I would punch every one of you kayak owning fagots in the mouth

:cyberfistbump:
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

It is really about common sense and courtesy.

Fish where you want, but if your lines are interfering with people launching boats at a boat ramp....expect to move them.

Kayak where you want, but if you are in a major boating channel.....expect to have traffic and act accordingly

yet both of you regularly use, or have used kayaks...

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    yet both of you regularly use, or have used kayaks...
    Don't go all Yankee on us and mistake a pirogue for a kayak.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I'm finding out where griffin likes to motor boat and I'm taking my kayak there so he can attempt to punch me in my mouth. It should be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by FHF View Post
    It is really about common sense and courtesy.
    Sadly, as most know, common sense just ain't too common anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowman View Post
    I'm finding out where griffin likes to motor boat and I'm taking my kayak there so he can attempt to punch me in my mouth. It should be hilarious.
    Have you grown any trent? Or will I still be swinging down?

And I motor boat all over but Jason carter motor boats your old lady
    Last edited by Griffin; 05-03-2016 at 07:48 AM.

dayum...

I only found two sections as it may pertain to non-boaters obstructing ramps or docks.
    I didn't see any mention of prohibiting fishing from public docks or requirement for the fisherman to "give way" to a boat using the dock. Common sense says they should but if their activity is not specifically prohibited by law a boater should proceed with caution in dealing with this situation.
    You should also consider that there are a number of sections in the Boating Laws of SC that deal with negligent activities of boaters that could be construed to put a bigger burden on the boater than the non-boater.
    When in doubt, be nice or know the law before acting like an asshole.

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t50c021.php

SECTION 50-21-125. Restrictions on swimming near public landing on hydroelectric generation lake or reservoir; no wake zone.

It is unlawful for a person to swim within fifty feet of a public boat landing or ramp located on a lake or reservoir constructed or developed by an investor-owned utility for hydroelectric generation. For purposes of this section, a public boat landing or ramp is one owned or maintained by an investor-owned utility for hydroelectric generation and is available to the public at large. The area where swimming is prohibited must be clearly marked and signs must be posted to give public notice that no swimming is allowed in the area. Watercraft must slow to no wake speed when operated within two hundred feet of the landing or ramp.

SECTION 50-21-148. Prohibition against obstruction of pier, dock, wharf, boat ramp, or access areas; erection of signs; penalties for violation.

It is unlawful to obstruct any pier, dock, wharf, boat ramp, or the access area to the facilities. Any vessel, vehicle, or other object left unattended which obstructs any of the facilities or the access to them may be removed entirely at the risk and expense of the owner. The department, with the advice of the Department of Transportation, shall erect signs at appropriate locations advertising the provisions of this section. Any person violating the provisions of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction must be fined not less than twenty-five dollars nor more than one hundred dollars or imprisoned for not more than thirty days.

HISTORY: 1986 Act No. 378, Section 1; 1993 Act No. 181, Section 1269.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 05-03-2016 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    But, if some entitled jackass wont reel his shit up, I am pulling it out of my prop later.
    Yep. I don't mind the people fishing on the dock, I'll just go right through they're lines. It's the kayakers that paddle up to the landing and get out and have social hour while I am trying to put in or take out.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

I'm pretty sure under the #1 bridge in Lugoff/Wateree, there is a sign that states that fishing from the dock is prohibited.

SCDNR may have additional restrictions at their ramps. I couldn't find any info on the SCDNR website other than the link to SC Boating Laws.

I'll wear platform shoes so you don't get a kink in your neck looking down.

If you boys are going to make a scene at the landing, I suggest doing it when you are taking out. Doing it when putting in sounds like a great way to be forced to buy new tires.