Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: low country boats

If you wanna put a mud motor on it, you need a true mud hull. If you want to put an outboard on one the options change. Low country boats makes a lightweight simple welded boat. They don't have a lot of bracing in the ones ive seen which will lead to a hooked up bottom that kills your performance. Ive owned a lot of them. Some have open layouts, which I like and some run faster and turn better. The owner of gator trax had the best advice. To find a boat that fills your needs 90% of the time and deal with the other 10%.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You need to look for a used boat. A new 35 is going to eat up well over have your budget right off the rip. Couple that with the cost of the trailer and you won't be able to touch a decent custom build from anyone
    Aaahheemmmmm....I know of one for sale.

Yea seriously. Buying my gator trax was one of the best moves I've made boat wise. Couldn't be happier
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Glad someone posted that link to the thread on MMT. Local, you're best bet is Prodigy. But I am partial to my Gator Tail hull. It's a runner

I had Chad build a custom 1751 Prodigy for me. Road over to Jasper GA., set down with him, and he drew it out on paper, exactly how I wanted it built. Four weeks later, I went back and picked up my boat. Got exactly what I wanted. A well built boat, tough as a tank, that will last me many years.
    Last edited by E. Taylor; 05-03-2016 at 10:20 AM.
    E T

E, were there any aspects of the 16DDP you had that you asked Chad to carry over to the Prodigy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I don't necessarily want a mud boat just want a good durable boat that can take a beating. Would rather have a outboard with a 40 or so

That's called an xpress
    Last edited by Griffin; 05-03-2016 at 11:34 AM.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    That's called an xpress
    FACT
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

As said in my first post that's what I was thinking of getting now that I found out how low country boats are made

Anyone know of an xpress for sale preferably 16 foot with 40 and good condition

Quote Originally Posted by Quackingcale View Post
    As said in my first post that's what I was thinking of getting now that I found out how low country boats are made
    Yea u can't go wrong with an xpress and a 40 or 50hp 2 stroke

Yeah that's what I've heard

I don't necessarily want a mud boat just want a good durable boat that can take a beating. Would rather have a outboard with a 40 or so
    Get yourself an Xpress or Havoc with a 2 stroke 40 or 50. That should handle all the tough spots you get into.

Willy I really didn't carry much over design wise to the Prodigy from the Xpress. I went with the Xpress because it was tough and durable. Just wanted that tough, durable, and longevity in a mud boat. You get that with the Prodigy.
    E T

There is a guy on the coast trying to sell a 16 ft havoc with a 08 Yamaha 50

https://charleston.craigslist.org/boa/5556895197.html
    Last edited by QuackAddict2013; 05-03-2016 at 11:53 AM.

Don't get anything less than a 50 if you go with the xpress.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

That 15ft xpress is .080 gauge
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Thanks man means a lot keep your ears open and let me know if you find a havoc or express with a 40 or above

Thanks man means a lot keep your ears open and let me know if you find a havoc or express with a 40 or above
    You got a few above that cleancut and myself posted. What is your price range?