Thread: EVAP Emission Vent Valve Solenoid

Default EVAP Emission Vent Valve Solenoid

Have a 2010 Sierra that had the check engine light come on, ran the code and determined it has a faulty one of these things. What is it, is it important, and do I need to get it replaced ASAP?
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

No not that important located towards the back of cab done went through two on in 06 with 75,000 on it get one with life time warranty 25 30 bucks at oriely or advance simple fix but no hurry.

Good deal. Thanks Browndog
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."

bumping this back to the top. my check engine light came back on, took it in for a tune up and the light went back off, but apparently the evap leak is still there. two years later so i guess it's not that big of an issue, but is this something that will eventually cause problems, or is just for emission standards?

Dealing with the same shit on my 15 and my wifes 08 tahoe. It's like the fucking plague. Damn thing wont go away. Replaced the evap canister and solenoid on both already. And both show same code for evap canister/solenoid.

Quit overfilling your gas tank. When it clicks off at the pump, it’s full. When you add more on top of that, you get that CEL code. My 1999 LC is sensative to that. Just leave it alone or reset it.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

just speaking for myself, overfilling is not an issue. always hang up the pump when it clicks. i've noticed that when i'm sitting at idle the rpm's will jump around a little bit, i assume that's due to the evap deal? i really just want to know if this is something i need to get fixed or not worry about it. again, this is 3 years later, so i guess i'm answering my own question here.

All the evap system does is suck fumes out of the gas tank and run them through the engine to burn them up instead of releasing them raw into the environment.

I had a similar issue on a Toyota Highlander. It wasn't a serious issue except that it keeps the check engine light on and that might mask another problem that pops up.

The first thing to check on a Toyota is the gas cap seal. After several trips back to the shop, the mechanic finally did a smoke test and found a vacuum hose with a hole in it.

cool. thanks pb.

Slap a piece of duct tape over the check engine light.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Or you could cut DOD off, and cut the useless EVAP system off and be done with it. I’m pretty sure those RANGE devices can’t do that.

By by EVAP

More fuel = more boost!!

What's that cost? Different options if I'm towing my boat or camper 20-30 times a year?

KRT, is the evap part of the DOD delete? I have the same recurring code, P0446 I think, on my 09 after the delete.