Thread: DR fishing

Default DR fishing

leaving for punta cana sunday....don't know shit about salt water fishing, but would like to make a day / half day out of it and feast on my catch!....school me 'fishing for dummies' style

What are you targeting?

We went to Punta Cana a few years ago. I bought a trip online before I went down there. Didn't cost all that much, less than $200 I think. Water was rough that day and didn't catch a whole lot, but it was still fun. Captain keeps the fish.

Contagosportfishing.com
    Capt and mate are fantastic
    Expensive but you get what you pay for and blue marlin are hot right now. Should have a couple shots a day to go with the mahi and wahoo.
    Lady Lola or Emily are a little cheaper but not as nice.
    islandmarinepuntacana.com

That area is know for being rough, all the int'l sportsfishers down there are 60-80+ feet and there is a reason. There is also a reason some folks don't offer refunds for rough seas, cause it's the norm. We went out in a 36 foot boat and got the hell beat out of us. Google "Mona pass" or "Mona passage" for more information.

I love gaffing sailfish ... And they taste so good smoked. I wish would have done it more.

Went on my honeymoon there- lots of whites and sails out of PC, but we took a private car to Casa De Campo and delivered an autopilot part to the PipeLayer out of Chas. Went 0/2 on blues fishing the FADS. I don't recommend driving or taking a taxi anywhere BTW. Wife kept asking how badly did i want to fish
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

We booked a half day trip through our hotel. Cost me 60 and the wife 20 to just ride on the boat. Didn't catch much but me and another guy caught the 2 white marlins on the boat. 10 miles out. I forget the name of the hotel but it was in Punta cana
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Been there several times. Caught fish each time. We stay at Paradise Royale