Thread: Browning Citori

Default Browning Citori

I have a Citori that sometimes will not reset for the second shot. Anyone ever had this issue?
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Fish is the resident citori expert
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Took mine to Mexico in 98 and that happened to me. We found that the hinge mechanism had been damaged and it would open slightly after the first shell fired. 18 years ago, but it wasn't a hugely expensive deal. Hope it's something easy
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

I don't think it's major. It will reset for the second shot most of the time. If it doesn't you can hit the pad and it will reset.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Sell that POS to me. I'll give you $50 for it. Then go get you a real mans gun.....mossburg baby.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Have the internals of the action ever been cleaned? Pull the stock, clean the internals, oil, blow off excess with compressed air, attach stock, then enjoy.

I take mine apart about every 10 years. Take the two screws out of the buttplate or recoil pad, then one screw out of the buttstock, then two screws out of the under tang and the buttstock will slide right off.

There will be some junk that builds up inside the action. This might be causing some of your problems. There's also a spring in the top lever that weakens over time and will allow the gun to "shoot open" enough to not allow the second shot. It's probably worth a $100 or so to take it to a gunsmith and get the spring replaced and the gunk cleaned out.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Could be a worn sear. Definitely something for a gunsmith to evaluate.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Probably gunk or the transfer bar is rubbing on something. I had a Beretta 686 that would do that with light loads. Found out that the transfer bar was rubbing on the inside of the stock. Do what Gander said and get a good smith to clean it or better yet, call Browning. They might warranty it for you.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by 12341234 View Post
    I have a Citori
    Prayers sent.