Thread: Any Recurve Shooters in Anderson/Easley Area?

Default Any Recurve Shooters in Anderson/Easley Area?

I've got a neighbor who is hung-ho about getting in to hunting with a recurve. He's already made himself a longbow and some cedar arrows and is working in building a recurve. Who knows if they'll work like he wants, but at least he's trying it and will learn as he goes.

I spent some time with him today and loaned him my recurve, measured his DL, set him up with a couple different arrows to practice with, etc, but he needs better instruction than I can offer him.

I'd like to at least introduce him to someone who might be able to coach him a little to get him started right and maybe check his progress between now and deer season.

He's a solid guy, older, teaches at an Anderson District One school, and also wants to learn enough to help as the assistant archery coach at their elementary school.

Anyone in this area who might be willing to spend a few hours with this guy over the next few months? He doesn't know I'm asking, but have no doubt he'd greatly appreciate any guidance offered.

Thanks.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Set him up with my Pops or tell him to get over to the Keowee bowmans Club. Lots of traditional guys there..
    Last edited by Strick9; 03-27-2016 at 02:15 PM.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    Set him up with my Pops or tell him to get over to the Keowee bowmans Club. Lots of **** guys there..
    Great suggestion! I'll contact him first to see if he's OK with it, etc. I wish I could get away to get some coaching from him myself, but I won't count on that.

Thanks.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'