Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unintended consequences

I've got 45 minutes of video of 4 jakes, one of which I wanted to kill simply because he was pecking the pair off my DSD Jake decoy. Not to mention the dominant Jake gobbled like any 2+ y/o I've ever heard. So much so I swore I was about to kill one.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Super Jake ?
    rip Dakota

Had a group of jakes come in on a brand new avian x jake decoy yesterday morning. One of which pecked all the paint clean off of its head. Wish I had a youth with me cause he would have got smoked. They stayed for over an hour. I had to stand up and walk within 10 yards of them for them to even move
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheTater View Post
    I'm not saying you didn't bring it up, or that they didn't listen, but I am saying that SCDNR is slam damn full of honest men. Maybe a few rotten apples like any other agency but they do a hell of a job for the most part.

Lets not forget that a bunch of legislators helped make this happen. You could always talk to one of them. Heck, I bet you could voice your opinion to a legislator at the family dinner table. Just a bet...

I voiced my opinion to anyone and everyone that would listen. You can search my posts here. I hunt turkeys almost every day that the SC season is open. I mostly carry folks with me to do the murdering.

As I have stated here before, I hunt all over the state, and if you think our turkey population is in decline, you are mistaken. I will listen to an argument that a particular property is down, but we have as many birds as we have had in my life, if not more statewide.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    Super Jake ?
    Here we go!

Friday I had three come in gobbling hard. I was with my preacher. They came up over a dam still gobbeling and I was sure we were going to double up. Then one strutted and I saw they were all jakes. I gave them a pass but my preacher smoted one.
    Last edited by DJP; 03-26-2016 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    preacher smoated one.
    Huh?

In my opinion 1 per person a day is good enough. Thats the way my dad taught me to be. I remember my first turkey hunt years ago, we had 5 gobblers come in and yeah I could have shot 3 but he told me to let them go and they'd be there next time for someone hopefully, and give them a hunt just like ours. We settled with 1 two year old a piece that day and it was still one of the best hunts I've ever had.

I'm not saying you didn't bring it up, or that they didn't listen, but I am saying that SCDNR is slam damn full of honest men. Maybe a few rotten apples like any other agency but they do a hell of a job for the most part.

Lets not forget that a bunch of legislators helped make this happen. You could always talk to one of them. Heck, I bet you could voice your opinion to a legislator at the family dinner table. Just a bet...
    Whatever you want to think. I know they lie, they know they lie.
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by duckshootringer55 View Post
    In my opinion 1 per person a day is good enough. Thats the way my dad taught me to be. I remember my first turkey hunt years ago, we had 5 gobblers come in and yeah I could have shot 3 but he told me to let them go and they'd be there next time for someone hopefully, and give them a hunt just like ours. We settled with 1 two year old a piece that day and it was still one of the best hunts I've ever had.

Well, your dad didn't raise every sc turkey hunter. I rarely shoot 2 myself and certainly not with a 3 bird limit. Tons of people do
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Lots of jakes over here in GA as well
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I voiced my opinion to anyone and everyone that would listen. You can search my posts here. I hunt turkeys almost every day that the SC season is open. I mostly carry folks with me to do the murdering.

As I have stated here before, I hunt all over the state, and if you think our turkey population is in decline, you are mistaken. I will listen to an argument that a particular property is down, but we have as many birds as we have had in my life, if not more statewide.
    I agree with that trkykilr. The nerds making the decisions hunt one piece of private.

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    Huh?
    Smote
    verb (used with object), smote or (Obsolete) smit; smitten or smit; smiting. 1. to strike or hit hard, with or as with the hand, a stick, or other weapon: She smote him on the back with her umbrella.

I spelled it wrong, though. I was trying to make a preacher joke.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Well, your dad didn't raise every sc turkey hunter. I rarely shoot 2 myself and certainly not with a 3 bird limit. Tons of people do
    Do you not shoot two at a time because you want to stretch your season out?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I'm not saying you didn't bring it up, or that they didn't listen, but I am saying that SCDNR is slam damn full of honest men. Maybe a few rotten apples like any other agency but they do a hell of a job for the most part..
    Do you work for DNR?

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    Smote
    I was trying to make a preacher joke.
    As was I

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Do you work for DNR?
    Logical answer here is a resounding "Si Senior"

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    Logical answer here is a resounding "Si Senior"
    No, I do not work for DNR.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No, I do not work for DNR.

Does your boyfriend?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Does your boyfriend?
    No. You have the coolest name on SCducks though. I bet you shout "cut em'!" while some Arkansas college kid guides you and your friends while trying not to laugh. Duck Cutter. Are you serious?

Last edited by TheTater; 03-26-2016 at 07:58 PM.