Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Unintended consequences

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    yeah and the killing of gobblers before they can breed.

does anyone have the DNR article showing the SC breeding dates? maybe there isn't one, and I saw it for another state.
    http://www.dnr.sc.gov/wildlife/turke...gseason09.html

Well it would seem by that data we are screwing up, by killing turkeys in March.

Interesting read. Glad to see I was off by two weeks or so in my thinking, but then I don't claim to be a 'Turkey Hunting Jedi' like some.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

That pretty much summarizes the biologist's thinking about when to set Spring turkey seasons throughout the modern era. Apparently it was decided that it didn't matter and that the research was out-of-date and invalid, so we will just do it differently and see if anything bad happens while we pay for some NEW research that might say something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Angler View Post
    Apparently yours does.

Somehow opening the season 5 days later than the historical opening in 13 or so counties is causing "unintended consequences" of people hunting birds that are grouped together causing doubles.....is that the gist of this rant?

Holy hell, you ignorant fucks are full of yourselves. How about this, fuck off. You fools are what's wrong with turkey hunting. Hell, all hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you thought that my original post was a rant, you'd wet your panties if I went on a real rant.

I don't think that anyone can deny that birds are still in the process of breaking up when the season opens. Opening the season 10 days earlier in the majority of the state further exaggerates that issue.

My observation has been that more doubles have been killed.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    If you thought that my original post was a rant, you'd wet your panties if I went on a real rant.

I don't think that anyone can deny that birds are still in the process of breaking up when the season opens. Opening the season 10 days earlier in the majority of the state further exaggerates that issue.

My observation has been that more doubles have been killed.
    I get what you are saying.

However, so what?

It is legal to kill doubles.

If a man who doesn't get to hunt everyday has a pack of gobblers come to him and he kills 2 in one sitting, does that bother you?

I noted earlier that you said you don't shoot more than one in SC in one setup.

I believe, as he has stated many times in this thread, he was just making an observation.