Thread: The HRC North Carolina Grand Hunt

Just got back from the Grand. Wow, that's a different level of competition. 2 water tests and 2 land tests followed by an upland test. I saw some great retrievers do some great things. The tests were nothing imposssible but the fact that you had to do a test each day and your dog had to be at the top of his game each day was the killer. Charleston Retriever Club had 4 members participate. Congrats to all that participated. I went out on the first series water test, Chris went out on the second series land test, Dick went out on the third series land test and Kim was going to the 5 series today and I haven't gotten her results yet. We started on Saturday with 302 retrievers and today 50 went to the upland test. I predict about 30 will pass the test. Top 10% of the retrievers in HRC. It was fun.
    An average hunt becomes great with a good dog

43 out of 302 dogs passed!!!
    80-20 Genaration

Was pulling for you and Chris Bob. Sorry yall got cut short but don't sweat it, Teal and Doc are two great dogs and they will have the GRHRC letters behind their names before you know it. [img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img]
    TEAM CODY!<br />\"No intelligent man can live in the great outdoors without being compelled to believe that there is an overrulling power.\"<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.boykinrescue.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.boykinrescue.org</a>

Originally posted by ACC/Boykin:
    Was pulling for you and Chris Bob. Sorry yall got cut short but don't sweat it, Teal and Doc are two great dogs and they will have the GRHRC letters behind their names before you know it. [img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img]
    BEFORE their names. This is not AKC.
    I was pulling for y'all, too!
    Professor
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)

It appears from the outcome and from discussions with participants that there was quite a bit of underhandedness at this event.

Didn't see any of it. Dogs went out when they didn't do the work. I'll be the first to admit that Doc and I didn't get'er done. That's why the next one is already scheduled and I can't wait to get back and try again. If it was easy everyone would have a GRHRC.
    An average hunt becomes great with a good dog