Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got the bow, not what?

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    My advice is tuck your weiner between your legs and dance in front of the mirror...

Real disappointed with you..
    You shouldn't be in this forum.

Plus, this venture started from being invited to Indiana for a hunt this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Limbwhipper View Post
    Now what......

Well most folks start shooting and practice practice practice

I'd start there
    Real good post. I imagine your other 86 posts are just as fucking useless. Do us a favor, keep just scrolling through and not having the urge to post so you feel like you are contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ_11 View Post
    You shouldn't be in this forum.

Plus, this venture started from being invited to Indiana for a hunt this year.

Real good post. I imagine your other 86 posts are just as fucking useless. Do us a favor, keep just scrolling through and not having the urge to post so you feel like you are contributing.
    Well that's a different story Terrence Jenkins!!
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTom View Post
    Imagine being on the powerline or the 5yr road and here comes mr.150" and he's at 65yds. He stops underneath your feeder, knocks the protein head off it for a quick nibble, and hops back on the trail of the group of does you've watched him chase all morning at 125yds grunting and slobbering all over himself. You watch him sail out of sight towards pops and within seconds you hear "craaaaaack.......BOOOOOOOM". Pops will love that you got a new little robin hood toy and we will celebrate at the shed

!
    He speaks the truth. I know that if I would have had a rifle in my hands on three different occasions I'd have three more deer heads on my wall.

Ran by two shops today and looked at some stuff. They didn't have much in stock but still did a lot of talking with the guys. Both of them had IQ sights and suggested them.

Went by field and stream and they actually had an impressive line up of stuff. I was able to look at a couple already set up on bows. I liked the 3 pin Micro IQ on the bow, had a big housing and pins were bright. Also liked looking at the CBE TEK, even though I would go with a sniper version.

I haven't found many great reviews about the IQ sights though, can anyone chime in here?

Tough thing with the shops is them not having much, for me to look through. Is the sight housing size really important for us, 1 3/4 - 2 inch. Suggestion was made today that with the smaller ones, you couldn't get the whole deer in view, just a portion of them…

Thanks

I shoot a 5 pin IQ site. I like it, but its really no different than any other sight. The green dot at the top of the housing just lets you know that your doing the same thing every time. Never really took notice to the housing being to big or too small. Dont over think it, i shot deer with a $30 3 pin truglo sight for 4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, keep in mind that pins can be too bright and cause a halo in low light. Montana back gold sights are pretty well known too be too bright for a lot of people. Have you been to crossroads in Summerton? If not, it's worth your time to visit Scott and talk with him. He will set you up with the best equipment within your budget.

As for the IQ sights, I just don't see where they are worth the price. I think that trophy ridge makes some of the best sights for the money. Bright enough, well built, protected fibers, etc.

Finally got some stuff decided and orders placed. Mail man had a busy day yesterday and the packages were nice to find when I got home.

Get some arrows ready then it will be time to sling some.

Nice.

Got to the shop today and had some Goldtip XT 450s cut.

Bow was shooting 296fps. First 3 groups were ok at 20 yards. Consistent I would say for first time shooting bow. Bow shop was great and helpful in getting me set up.

Last edited by TJ_11; 03-26-2016 at 01:12 PM.