Thread: Thank ya God!

Last year during the first part of dove season I was worried to hell that my lab, whose nose was usually pretty damn sharp, had lost it all. She would walk right by doves on the ground. To say I was concerned doesn't even begin to identify how worried and confused I was. Ducks she did good on but doves,mmmmmmm, not good at all.

This year I have not had time to work her and was pretty uptight about how things would turn out. No need to worry there. My buddy, myself and a few guys on the field gave her raving reviews!! Seems like she has the BEST nose ever!!! Don't know what the hell was wrong last year, but thank God it got tremendously better this year. I love having my old dog back!!!!!!!!!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I can understand how her nose was on the blink... having to follow around after your stank ass self. It's a wonder the dog's eyes didn't pop out of her haid...

Glad the sniffer is back in order.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

My dog had the same problem yesterday. The heat and the weeds and grass can have a lot to do with it. Golden rods put a hell of a lot of scent out along with plain old grass. It does'nt take much to cover the scent of a dove. Doves don't put out a hell of a lot of scent to begin with. On a warm day and if your dog is doing a lot of pantting it makes it that much harder for the dog to smell the birds.
    Proud owner of 3 AKC.Bench Champion MASTER HUNTERS