Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Full out, whole 30 paleo

Ate paleo lunch and turds were a little tuff... They needed a little extra push.

I was taught in medical school on a lecture from one of the leading nutritional expert in Florida that animal fats give you heart disease and red meats give you colon cancer. I can promise not many doctors support the paleo diet unless they did research on their own. The Amerixan Heart Association has been overrun by the school of thought that eating meat is unsustainable environmental and hence have become political in their assault over saturate fats and animal protein.

Fuckin cavemen.....
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    I was taught in medical school on a lecture from one of the leading nutritional expert in Florida that animal fats give you heart disease and red meats give you colon cancer.
    Your leading nutritional expert is not only wrong, he's corruptly wrong.

Trusting a doctor with something as important as diet is the equivalent of throwing in the towel.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Can you please at least google the damn topic before you get on your soap box next time.

Let me know if you need help afterwards.

Oh and next time you talk to your MD, ask him how many hours of nutrition he took in med school.
    I love this so I'll play. Why dont you consider reading what I said without your preconceived notions about what I am trying to say? If you're bored, go back to your riveting thread on dove stools bc I might use some big words here.

I am discussing this because I think it is actually important. I dont think you will change your life on a 30 day diet. That was my point.

I totally agree with cutting out sugars. However, there is a wealth of knowledge and research about grains and legumes that I would think you might want to know....granted, that can only occur if you dont jump people's shit just because they disagree with you.

The MD I speak of, happens to be a board-certified lipidologist. Its kind of a big deal. So, if you want his resume on is knowledge of nutrition, it might take a while.

Glenn and his minions readily comment on research they consider supporting the "paleo" diet. I am here to tell you that the meta-analysis of all this data is strongly supporting that a PLANT BASED DIET is, and has been, the healthiest lifestyle (longevity, cancer, cardio disease.) I would be more than happy to offer some studies if you think you can get past all the big words.

So, I can play at this all day but honestly the only point I was trying to make (i should use smaller words or something) was that a LIFESTYLE is better than a DIET.

IF you want to keep it simple, I think cutting out sugars is a good place to start. I think we can also agree that a whole foods diet is also a good starting point. Those of you eating grocery store bacon and eggs for breakfast and hailing the PALEO LIFESTYLE might be making a huge dietary mistake bc of something you heard on an SC redneck hunting site.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

i ATE A jalapeno BURGER LAST NIGHT AT GRILL MARKS; ATE THE BUN AND ALLL.... GASP, FAINT... i KNOW RIGHT???? tURD GLIDED RIGHTOUT, NO PUSH... MORE LIKE A FOOT RACE. USED 8 SQUARES OF tp.

Just doubled up

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I love this so I'll play. Why dont you consider reading what I said without your preconceived notions about what I am trying to say? If you're bored, go back to your riveting thread on dove stools bc I might use some big words here.

I am discussing this because I think it is actually important. I dont think you will change your life on a 30 day diet. That was my point.

I totally agree with cutting out sugars. However, there is a wealth of knowledge and research about grains and legumes that I would think you might want to know....granted, that can only occur if you dont jump people's shit just because they disagree with you.

The MD I speak of, happens to be a board-certified lipidologist. Its kind of a big deal. So, if you want his resume on is knowledge of nutrition, it might take a while.

Glenn and his minions readily comment on research they consider supporting the "paleo" diet. I am here to tell you that the meta-analysis of all this data is strongly supporting that a PLANT BASED DIET is, and has been, the healthiest lifestyle (longevity, cancer, cardio disease.) I would be more than happy to offer some studies if you think you can get past all the big words.

So, I can play at this all day but honestly the only point I was trying to make (i should use smaller words or something) was that a LIFESTYLE is better than a DIET.

IF you want to keep it simple, I think cutting out sugars is a good place to start. I think we can also agree that a whole foods diet is also a good starting point. Those of you eating grocery store bacon and eggs for breakfast and hailing the PALEO LIFESTYLE might be making a huge dietary mistake bc of something you heard on an SC redneck hunting site.

I think you're the one missing the point and perhaps I should dumb it down for you. Just because you possess the intellect to type out a long line words that complete a thought does not mean you know a damn thing about the topic at hand.

Your argument is the 30 day challenge is a diet. It's not. It's a chance to cut out all things that may be doing your body harm, causing inflammation, etc. After the thirty days it gives you the chance to add foods back in and really explore what makes you feel better or worse. Some people are sensitive to dairy, some to night shades, some to gluten. You'll never know until you cut it all out and then add it back in to see the difference.

You tout yourself as someone knowledgeable on all things, spewing out misguided representation of different lifestyles. It's distracting, misleading, and quite frankly annoying. You wanna have a conversation about foods, that's fine, happy to have it. But don't come criticize things you obviously know little about, just because you read it on a redneck hunting site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

wow... I thought we were still taking paleo turds?

I dont know you Molly, but I do know toof and he is cool AND smart. he might not know if all beef turds shit smooth but he knows a lot. BTW I read none of the bullshit either one of you wrote.

The most laughable thing is that 2th thinks store bought bacon is paleo much less whole 30 approved.
    Last edited by led0321; 02-29-2016 at 12:09 PM.

So if you eat pork and you are whole 30 you have to trap wild hogs and slaughter em? seems like a hard way to make a turd dont it?

I mean you can buy most anything from a store dude.
    Last edited by CAMO SNOB; 02-29-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    The most laughable thing is that 2th thinks store bought bacon is paleo much less whole 30 approved.
    THANK YOU for making my point.

Ask around what most on this site say about "what is paleo and what isn't." I think this is a BIG problem and one people need to be made aware of.

I agree that certain foods give certain people trouble.

Sugar is a great place to start.

Someone show me some research on legumes.

Mollies---every thing you say seems to be directed at me. I was trying to show you what i am about and what I am against...but you think its about you....so I will stop trying to give you more info. Enjoy your quest.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Is anyone here that strict?

I just read "It Starts With Food" and it was really good. I have probably been 80%+ paleo for two years but I have cut out whey protein and creamer for my coffee now. My only cheat is that I still put some cheese in my eggs.

I have not jumped off the whole organic cliff yet either. I 100% believe industrialized ag is bad for our health but I don't want to spend the $ on it yet...
    One of the PhD students that I worked with in a lab at Clemson is a seminar leader for the whole 30 and knows the authors well.

Quote Originally Posted by SwatEm View Post
    One of the PhD students that I worked with in a lab at Clemson is a seminar leader for the whole 30 and knows the authors well.
    Their books are pretty good.

Yeah, I've looked into a few pages but would want to read both books.

From the professor I've worked with and the phD student, the biggest takeaway is that you shouldnt stress about your diet, don't become super obsessed with it to the point that you're not enjoying life. The biggest hump you'll hit is that first month getting off of your sugar addiction. After that things should start to feel more normal. If its your kids birthday and you want to eat cake, go eat some cake, but stay disciplined and keep a good grocery list.

The bottom line, if you're not going to give up bread and things like that, just make sure you're eating a big serving of leafy greens, every day.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I think this is a BIG problem and one people need to be made aware of.
    A bigger problem than the exponential increase in diabetes and heart disease caused by the high carb/whole grain/low fat hysteria?

How does sugar shit? Does is glide? Or splatter? Does it squirt? Solid log?

Serious question.

Is bacon not paleo or is grocery store bacon not paleo?

Where does one get paleo approved bacon?