Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Full out, whole 30 paleo

November '14 / So no supplements.. I've been told this before and seems this is what my gut likes the most, real food. Just concerned about the inevitable plateau in size and lifted weight.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm84 View Post
    November '14 / So no supplements.. I've been told this before and seems this is what my gut likes the most, real food. Just concerned about the inevitable plateau in size and lifted weight.
    How old are you?

Plateau's will most likely be because of training, probably not because of supplementation. If you start to plateau, change programs and see what happens.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Are paleo turds easier to shit out? When me and Tater went low/no carb I was shit'n turds of glue. I bet I spent twice as much on TP.

Paleo isn't low carb.

so it shits easier?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    so it shits easier?
    Sure

interesting

So you are in your prime strength wise. You have not hit your peak more than likely if you have only been working out since November 2014. Do you squat and deadlift?

tjm... Do your paleo turds slide right out? I need more info on this before I can commit to this diet.

I do. My leg strength is peutrid though. At 5'11" 155 my squat and deadlift max is around 225. Haven't maxed lately on squat. Put 190 on the bench Tues. I've been told the weight will come, just wanna make sure I gain in the right ways and areas. I don't paleo or crossfit camo but my movements are regular and effortless. If your having trouble id recommend extra soluble fiber, that's the ticket for the "slide".

I do. My leg strength is peutrid though. At 5'11" 155 my squat and deadlift max is around 225. Haven't maxed lately on squat. Put 190 on the bench Tues. I've been told the weight will come, just wanna make sure I gain in the right ways and areas. I don't paleo or crossfit camo but my movements are regular and effortless. If your having trouble id recommend extra soluble fiber, that's the ticket for the "slide".
    I always tell my guys don't worry about the weight on the bar. That number isn't relevant. Worry about the number of reps you can do correctly. It's a slow process and building lean mass is one of the hardest things to do. I'm naturally a fat pig so I can add mass easily but I have to stay around 15% body fat so it's a struggle if I don't watch my diet.

I am no fitness coach or a diet expert but I have been at it for about a decade now. I have reached my genetic potential in most areas. My lower body strength isn't at its peak but I have to maintain an ability to run 3-8 miles at a respectable level and it's hard to do lifting heavy. I'm still figuring out that balance.

ugh/ these threads.

life is not about finding the next "diet." life is about eating the right foods and having the right lifestyle. anyone that "tries" a diet for "30 days" and lost "such and such" pounds is not doing ANYTHING good for their bodies.

eat whole foods. stay away from sugar.

if your "diet" consists of fruits and vegetables (that dont come in a can), you have a good chance of living a long healthy life. what has always concerned me about the PALEO craze is that stupid people think that means you can eat a pack of bacon every day and be healthy. That is grotesquely false and misleading.

I can go on and on and will just make myself mad. I dont LIKE to argue this stuff. I get all my info from a very well read and well respected MD and go with what he says.

He says his diet predominately consists of "beans and greans." He does not routinely eat meat. He will absolutely annihilate ever one of you with facts AND outwork you in the gym. He agrees with most of you paleo people that there is absolutely no need for a "supplement." you get what you need from food. period,.

I still love you hooks.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    ugh/ these threads.

life is not about finding the next "diet." life is about eating the right foods and having the right lifestyle. anyone that "tries" a diet for "30 days" and lost "such and such" pounds is not doing ANYTHING good for their bodies.

if your "diet" consists of fruits and vegetables (that dont come in a can), you have a good chance of living a long healthy life. what has always concerned me about the PALEO craze is that stupid people think that means you can eat a pack of bacon every day and be healthy. That is grotesquely false and misleading.

I can go on and on and will just make myself mad. I dont LIKE to argue this stuff. I get all my info from a very well read and well respected MD and go with what he says.

He says his diet predominately consists of "beans and greans." He does not routinely eat meat. He will absolutely annihilate ever one of you with facts AND outwork you in the gym. He agrees with most of you paleo people that there is absolutely no need for a "supplement." you get what you need from food. period,.

I still love you hooks.
    I would be curious to hear his thoughts on fluoride.

If your having trouble id recommend extra soluble fiber, that's the ticket for the "slide".
    Mine are smooth and easy, especially after the morning jog, but I dont paleo or low carb anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    ugh/ these threads.

I still love you hooks.

Can you please at least google the damn topic before you get on your soap box next time.

Let me know if you need help afterwards.

Oh and next time you talk to your MD, ask him how many hours of nutrition he took in med school.
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 02-25-2016 at 03:16 PM.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

His MD friend is regurgitating the falsified data from the lipid hypothesis he was taught in med school. You know. The great research that gave us an exponential surge in diabetes and heart disease.

"Lipids". Shit just got real.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    His MD friend is regurgitating the falsified data from the lipid hypothesis he was taught in med school. You know. The great research that gave us an exponential surge in diabetes and heart disease.