Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Full out, whole 30 paleo

Default Full out, whole 30 paleo

Is anyone here that strict?

I just read "It Starts With Food" and it was really good. I have probably been 80%+ paleo for two years but I have cut out whey protein and creamer for my coffee now. My only cheat is that I still put some cheese in my eggs.

I have not jumped off the whole organic cliff yet either. I 100% believe industrialized ag is bad for our health but I don't want to spend the $ on it yet...
    Last edited by led0321; 02-25-2016 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I 100% believe industrialized ag is bad for our health but I don't want to spend the $ on it yet...
    This is an interesting statement. Interesting in that some feel that with all the inspection criteria, today's foods are a bit safer.

I was pretty strict for a little while (2 months) and then I started adding foods back in that I could tolerate, like cheese occasionally. I need to tighten up a little now, too many treat meals.

Whey protein destroyed my gut and so do most things corn/wheat related so I try to stay very far away. Sugar gets me most of the time, damn those desserts and ice cream.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    I was pretty strict for a little while (2 months) and then I started adding foods back in that I could tolerate, like cheese occasionally. I need to tighten up a little now, too many treat meals.

Whey protein destroyed my gut and so do most things corn/wheat related so I try to stay very far away. Sugar gets me most of the time, damn those desserts and ice cream.
    I don't have gut issues but I gain weight if I look at a cookie. My healthy weight is 205 or 210 but if I don't watch it 215 and 220 can come quick.

There is some science out there that says whey can interfere with a healthy insulin level and cause you to gain weight.

I am pretty sure coffee was negativity impacting my cortisol levels so I have cut back to 1 cup and that is a bulletproof coffee.
    Last edited by led0321; 02-25-2016 at 07:44 AM.

Are you pretty carb sensitive?

I've found the only way I can maintain weight is to keep my carbs under 100g a day, more realistically around 50-60g and those come from incidentals like vegetables. I don't seek out sweet potato's or rice to get my carbs.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I can eat sweet taters and it not have a negative impact on me.

The new whole 30 guidance allows white potatoes in moderation.

Brussel sprouts is my best friend.

I like beer too much.

May pick up that book and give this "whole 30" a shot. I probably need to tighten up a little and it sure would be nice to drop a few more lbs.

I am a pretty disciplined person when it comes to my diet. That said, having a child has made convenience so damn convenient. I'm probably more low carb at this point than paleo. Since I started "eating paleo" 4 years ago, I have given into sugar twice for a short period of time, and I am convinced it is as strong of a drug as there is.

Getting off of sugar after even a week or so makes me miserable. I feel like T total shit.

The best thing that has come from this is that I don't drink any soda. None. They are obnoxiously sweet to me now. I also don't deal with sugars at all. I would run over a puppy for some pasta at times, but I don't eat it. No bread, and the only rice is in sushi. I love sushi.

All that said, genetics are a mother. In the last 4-5 years I am fighting my body harder than ever. This is the time period when my dad's body started to change, but he just gave in. So far I'm hanging in there pretty well. The Bahamas/Thanksgiving/Christmas/Miami/Vegas/Phoenix was hard to overcome, but I'm back to 212. We will see if I can survive turkey season.

I have certainly learned to embrace good fats and vegetables.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

The rut always kills me and then the holidays happen. Hours on stand, no working out and eating a fanny pack of cliff bars takes a toll on my body.

You motherfuckers are wierd... I excise so I can eat whatever I want. I don't are about healthy BS.

I am 100% organic when I got to the grocery store... Have been for years. I noticed the difference in the grease while frying bacon, made the switch that day. LED it is worth the money.

You calling somebody weird is quite frankly the most ironic thing in the history of the world.

Led I've had my suspicions but now am 100% certain that you are a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Led I've had my suspicions but now am 100% certain that you are a woman.
    It's true...

My mother did the whole 30 thing for 30 days. She lost 8lbs and two sizes. Claimed she felt much better, less fatigue, slept better at night, more energy, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Not trying to derail this but this describes me to a T. What type of protien supplements do you use? Weight is not my issue so not as concerned about carbs or calories. Have struggled to maintain weight while working out but would like to gain muscle weight just like everyone else. Right now I've been trying to eat foods with higher protien content.. fish, chicken, beans, eggs, nuts, etc. and have gained some +/-5lbs. My lifts continue to get heavier but body weight stays about the same. Looked a casein and pea protien, are there any I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm84 View Post
    My mother did the whole 30 thing for 30 days. She lost 8lbs and two sizes. Claimed she felt much better, less fatigue, slept better at night, more energy, etc...

Not trying to derail this but this describes me to a T. What type of protien supplements do you use? Weight is not my issue so not as concerned about carbs or calories. Have struggled to maintain weight while working out but would like to gain muscle weight just like everyone else. Right now I've been trying to eat foods with higher protien content.. fish, chicken, beans, eggs, nuts, etc. and have gained some +/-5lbs. My lifts continue to get heavier but body weight stays about the same. Looked a casein and pea protien, are there any I missed.
    How long have you been working out?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    You calling somebody weird is quite frankly the most ironic thing in the history of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm84 View Post

In short, I don't use any protein supplements. You probably shouldn't need them either. Of course we seem to be opposites in the gaining weight dept. I have no trouble at all putting on size, all I do is up my carbs above 100g a day and boom, I'm gaining like its my job. I envy you and if I were you I would keep riding the same weight train as long my lifts were going up. The heavier you get the harder the body weight stuff gets, so stay as light as possible and get as strong as possible in that weight.

blaaaah crossfit

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post