Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Full out, whole 30 paleo

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Most bacon sold in grocery stores are cured with a sugar mixture, and if you're whole 30 or paleo, you would want to avoid that. And I guess you would want to avoid the preservatives as well.

Side note for you: Some studies have shown that Nitrites, a preservative (Not to be confused with Nitrates), has been shown to be a carcinogen.
    One more question.

Can I eat black beans or other legumes?

I'm getting started eating healthier and trying to plan meals and such. Seems like I read something that said I could eat black beans but now I can't remember. Enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    One more question.

I'm getting started eating healthier and trying to plan meals and such. Seems like I read something that said I could eat black beans but now I can't remember. Enlighten me.
    You should order this and read it. Even if you don't subscribe to paleo the first third of the book focuses on how are bodies react to certain foods.

It Starts With Food: Discover the Whole30 and Change Your Life in Unexpected Ways https://www.amazon.com/dp/1628600543..._AUE1wb4JWFA6K

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    You should order this and read it. Even if you don't subscribe to paleo the first third of the book focuses on how are bodies react to certain foods.

It Starts With Food: Discover the Whole30 and Change Your Life in Unexpected Ways https://www.amazon.com/dp/1628600543..._AUE1wb4JWFA6K
    Actually I'm trying to go Palo. I need to drop about 30lbs, my blood pressure has gotten high, started cholesterol med about 3 months ago, and generally have no energy. Time to get this shit fixed and feel better. That's why I was asking all the questions.

Actually I'm trying to go Palo. I need to drop about 30lbs, my blood pressure has gotten high, started cholesterol med about 3 months ago, and generally have no energy. Time to get this shit fixed and feel better. That's why I was asking all the questions.
    Right on. Read this and I think you will be impressed with it. Good luck!

One more question.

It depends on the person. I eat legumes, as they don't bother my gut. A true paleo/whole 30 diet is no legumes. I eat a modified diet of primarily lean meat, lots of fruit and vegetables, a good many legumes, lots of nuts for snacks, and a fair amount of eggs. I've got some concerns about the amount of eggs I'm eating, and will actually be having a dietary consult with Dr. Ann (something my wife set up) next week to discuss my diet and how to improve upon it, as I have cholesterol concerns. Bottom line, if legumes don't affect you negatively, I don't think there's any reason to give them up. I defer to the many experts her though. As a side note, I did the whole 30 last year. It was a bitch, but it made a difference in how I felt and how I live.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    +1 for hooks

(bc I am still trying to figure out the 111 jokes glenn put in that one post)
    I thought we were posting random useless miscellaneous words and thoughts?

no dude... dont fucking think I am joking when I talk about organic corn whiskey.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    thanks for the kind words Mr. Know it all from The Box...

"Corn contains a form of gluten called zein, which is slightly different than the types of gluten found in the traditional gluten-containing grains like wheat, barley and rye. The Celiac Sprue Association reports that the gluten zein of corn is usually well tolerated by people with celiac disease, which is why corn flour is often used as an ingredient in gluten-free products such as corn tortillas, breads, chips and crackers. However, if you still experience health problems despite adhering to a gluten-free diet, it is possible that corn may be the culprit."
    You typed "grain" not "gluten"

Aren't you behind on your bullshit emoji quota for the day?

You are a snake oil salesmen... I was calling you out. All corn whiskey is gluten free.

It aint no grain, we dont make our gottdamn Organic Corn Whiskey with shelled corn... we aint fed'n deer Beaux... Im talking bout high test turbo charged organic whole thirty corn liquor. We pick organic corn, by, hand (hand must be washed with organic soap) to obtain the vegetable we make our high test turbo charged organic whole thirty corn liquor from, Beaux.

Last edited by CAMO SNOB; 03-01-2016 at 04:57 PM.

I'll take a barrel.

Make that two.

One more question.

In my opinion you should probably avoid legumes if you want to lose weight. I don't eat them because my gut just doesn't like them. Most legumes are usually very high In carbs, some may be fiber, but still pretty high.

I would second what led recommended. Read the book, then make your decision whether you want to eat them. There are some legumes that are acceptable like green beans and snap peas where you are actually eating the pod and under developed bean.

This is just my .02. If you can tolerate them and maintain a healthy weight, go for it. But the kicker to this is that you need to stop eating them for a while and add them back in to see if you can truly tolerate them. The best way I can explain that is like a person who needs glasses doesn't understand how poor their vision is until you actually correct it. You won't truly know what effects you until you give your body the chance to get rid of all the bad stuff you've been eating your whole life.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

In my opinion you should probably avoid legumes if you want to lose weight. I don't eat them because my gut just doesn't like them. Most legumes are usually very high In carbs, some may be fiber, but still pretty high.

I would second what led recommended. Read the book, then make your decision whether you want to eat them. There are some legumes that are acceptable like green beans and snap peas where you are actually eating the pod and under developed bean.

This is just my .02. If you can tolerate them and maintain a healthy weight, go for it. But the kicker to this is that you need to stop eating them for a while and add them back in to see if you can truly tolerate them. The best way I can explain that is like a person who needs glasses doesn't understand how poor their vision is until you actually correct it. You won't truly know what effects you until you give your body the chance to get rid of all the bad stuff you've been eating your whole life.
    I read this and imagine a blond girl in yoga pants walking around whole foods talking to her girlfriend on the phone.

X2

Makes sense to me. Thanks!

I cooked some corn fed ribeyes for supper last night and they were tasty.

Did you shit them?

I ate deer burgers and I am shitting them right now. Defiantly lack luster shit, solid log turd.

Finished my 5k and my 2nd dump was no solid logs... more like wet sack create, chunky but slides easy.