Thread: $79 trust?

Default $79 trust?

http://199trust.com/

I'm not knowledgable on this topic at all, but my buddy sent me this and said it seems like the best deal on the market. Those of you who are knowledgable about trusts feel free to chime in. I'm curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used them. Paid a little extra for the word document to make changes if need be. Had the trust document a few hours after I ordered it.

Paperwork is with the ATF now for suppressors.

I used it with no issues

I bought the 1299trust.com stuff and then read that any little mistake can cause months of delay from ATF. I decided to go ahead and get a local lawyer who's a shooter to do mine for $200.

One tip I picked up from a class 3 dealer when I bought a silencer was not to use any abbreviations on any of the forms, not even for states. Apparently, they can balk at abbreviations if they want to slow you down.

Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post

Paperwork is with the ATF now for suppressors.

I know it's been discussed but please walk me through the process.

Buy Trust Organization paperwork
    File trust
    Buy suppressor
    Submit trust paperwork
    Then wait 6 months?

Or what? Once the trust is established and know by the ATF, does it make all your following purchases of SBRs, Suppressors, etc... quicker turnaround

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

You don't have to file the trust. Creating the paperwork and getting it notarized establishes it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I looked at all of the online options when I decided to form a trust. But ultimately I decided to go with a local attorney who had experience in setting up NFA trusts.

They are who I used.

Ive heard of folks getting their items faster b/c there was a mistake in some of the paperwork, sent it back, fixed it and it took a couple of months as opposed to six. they must have a different pile for resubmitted forms.

For those of you setting up trusts, how many trustees do you add? Do they need to submit a background check and prints, etc?

I know I need to reread the laws again to get up for this, just trying to get my thinking in line with the info I'll need for the lawyer.

Are there any annual filing rules for the trust, et al?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I only added my wife so that she won't have any issues with being in possession of NFA item if I die. There are no background checks or finger print requirements. Indeed, the 199 Trust makes you exempt from needing those or your local sheriff's sign off when you purchase NFA items. There are no recurring filing requirements for the trust.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk