Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody ever regret going to single pin?

Default Anybody ever regret going to single pin? UPDATE

Thinking about it.....
    Last edited by jwterry3; 06-29-2016 at 11:22 AM.

Axcel accutouch or spot Hogg fast Eddie. They are the easiest to make fast adjustments. With a fast bow the 20,30,40 yard pins all look like a blob of pins to me. Thus why I like a single pin. HHA makes a fine sight, and I really like them for non-hunting applications where time to adjust is a non issue, but the axcel and spot Hogg take the single pin to the next level with the features they provide.

With a flat shooting bow I would go that route but i shoot slow and heavies so it spreads my pins out a bit.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    With a flat shooting bow I would go that route but i shoot slow and heavies so it spreads my pins out a bit.
    Agreed. Depends on your set up and intended use. for me (30.5" draw @ 70#) I set up at 25y and let it roll from 0-40y with no adjustment. Or if I am shooting known distance (corn pile) I set up on that. My thought is that if he is at 50y, I'll probably have time to make an adjustment before the shot. It has greatly increased my accuarcy because I have less to focus on. I am high on them, but will be quick to admit they lose a bit of their sparkle with a bow that isn't screaming.

Best thing I've ever done. HHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I am shooting an Elite 28/65#... Reason I am thinking the switch ...my 3 pins are really really close.

My upgrade my bow but it will be another elite

HHA kingpin

Best thing I did was go to a single pin
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Best thing I've ever done. HHA
    See you still like it. Told ya so.

I bought a truglo range rover pro sight. No pin just a green dot that you can adjust the lumination making it apear to be larger or smaller, the yardage adjustments have been dead nuts. I love the field of view with the dot as apposed to the pin. Its not pretty, but the it works, yardage adjustments are easy with a thumb wheel on it. I think this is it but dont remember paying that much for it. http://www.eaglearchery.com/TruGlo-R...BHThoCetjw_wcB
    Last edited by scmoose; 02-15-2016 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post
    I am shooting an Elite 28/65#... Reason I am thinking the switch ...my 3 pins are really really close.

My upgrade my bow but it will be another elite
    Sounds like you're a prime candidate for a single pin. It really does help accuracy when your eye only has to focus 1 pin. I do not think you'll regret making the switch. Start off with an HHA. They are bomb proof, ultra bright, simple to use, and can be found for reasonable prices on line. I shot one for a while then got into an accutouch because I liked the click feature it offers. As bows keep getting faster you will see more guys going to 1 pin.

So in researching HHA you set the single pin in an optimal range say 34 yards… Then you have to options you either use the slider to set an exact range or you know from memory that you are 1.1 inches high at 20 or 3.7 inches low at 40 from the optimal setting is that right ?

I have had them all. Single pin sliders, fixed single pin, fixed multiple pins, slider multiple pins. There all good, its just what you like, If I had all the money in the world I would have 2 bows. A target bow to shoot in the yard and to stretch it out with a single .10 slider sight. My other bow would be a single pin fixed with a .29 and a big ol peep. I never shoot over 30 in the woods and most my shots are at low light.

Another thing you don't hear many folks say is the weight of sliders. Every one of them are heavy. It is why I always go back to a single pin fixed sight. Which is nothing more than an older Black Gold 5 pin sight I took all the other pins out of.

Sword is another good one. All these rednecks know is HHA.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    All these rednecks know is HHA.
    You ain't gotta call us rednecks cause you're too fuckin weak to stand a few more ounces of weight on your bow......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

You ain't gotta call us rednecks cause you're too fuckin weak to stand a few more ounces of weight on your bow......
    Shut it, redneck.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

All my pins looked like a big blob to me when I was under pressure shooting at a deer so I took em all off except my 20yd pin. I just aim a little high depending on the range out to 40yds.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Shut it, redneck.
    Last edited by FEETDOWN; 02-16-2016 at 09:33 AM.

No regrets here.....

Then again I ain't using pins
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

I prefer 3 fixed 0.10 pins. I have used an adjustable sight but went back to fix. I prefer gap shooting so I am not trying to force the pin on the spot I am trying to hit.

Hahahaha! Go shoot your elite into a rock...
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn