Thread: CAPTIVA ISLAND

Default CAPTIVA ISLAND

Anybody have a line on a good inshore fishing guide in the Captiva or Sanibel area?

Take your boat. I can tell you what to do from there....
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    I'm interested as well. We are headed down in May. I will be taking my boat
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

On the north end of Captiva you will have several opportunities at tarpon and snook in May around that pass. If you want to do the inshore scene call the fly-shop on Sanibel called Norm Zeiglers fly shop as he has been doing it for decades in the area. Also another opportunity will fishing for the migrating tarpon just off the beach around Sanibel especially. If you are really brave try your luck at Boca Grande. I never use guides down that way but I can get you some contacts through buddies if you have interest in the tarpon fishing to the north. But like I said for the Sanibel/Captiva area, call Norm's fly shop.
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 02-14-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    Considering it, may rent one there instead. Just looking at options for now. Will be there late July.

We'll talk....
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Late July will be right after the prime tarpon time for the tarpon migration, but there will still be plenty of snook and resident tarpon around the inlets and Ding Darling refuge and jewfish around some of the bridges. I will be moving there in June and will be happy to share whatever seems to be working at that time.

You might want to look into whats going on with all the Sugar dump off and what it is doing to the fishing before ya book. I am hearing it is or was a pretty bad situation down in that local.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    You might want to look into whats going on with all the Sugar dump off and what it is doing to the fishing before ya book. I am hearing it is or was a pretty bad situation down in that local.
    It is the same shit that has been going on, though there looks to be momentum to reduce the discharges in the near future. Fuck big sugar and our legislature.
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 02-14-2016 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    It is the same shit that has been going on, though there looks to be momentum to reduce the discharges in the near future. Fuck big sugar and our legislature.
    Been talking to a buddy about this for a while now. It os getting pretty heated. Things are gonna get a whole lot uglier quick if they don't fix it soon.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by surfcock; 02-15-2016 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by surfcock View Post
    Been talking to a buddy about this for a while now. It os getting pretty heated. Things are gonna get a whole lot uglier quick if they don't fix it soon.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    I have been sending emails over the past 6 months to every politician on the state and federal level that represents South Florida. I have also constantly urged the conservation organizations that I am a part of BTT and CCA to continue to lobby as hopefully many members have as well.

It is scary what is happening, but finally the public and our governer is behind quick and vast changes to the Army corps plan.
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 02-15-2016 at 11:30 AM.

The videos I saw were absolutely mind boggling.. Now if a small farmer had done anything remotely close to this he would be jailed for life and bankrupt in seconds by the EPA.
    Genesis 9;2

It can be mighty nice the week of the Full Moon in May.

Having lived in Florida a number of years, I also found that after the middle of the month of June...you might be better to focus off Homosasa, Florida.