Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Deer Tag Proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Negative ghost rider,

"(B)* * The bag limit for deer taken on property with a Deer Quota Program permit shall be set by the department."
    But the property can choose to be under the deer quota program or the doe quota program.

This is worthless. This might as well be the same thing we have now. This bill basically just puts it writing without changing anything. Just put a freaking limit on bucks and leave the does alone. As for the reason for doe tags and not just having doe days I'm assuming that's because it would be a loss of revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    But the property can choose to be under the deer quota program or the doe quota program.
    I thought the doe quota program was done when the new proposal started. A club could opt to be in the deer quota program or individuals could use their personal tags. This is what I understood.

Read the bill, the word "Anterless" is Stricken in every case I see.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 02-13-2016 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Read the bill, the word "Anterless" is Stricken in every case I see.
    That part might of been changed for this final proposal from what I was orginally told.... I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    So the low country "kill em all" crowd got their way again huh?
    This statement just stands by one of my original arguments months ago about all this mess..... Most of the arguing on here is just bc guys in the upstate feel like people that hunt the Lowcountry are getting to do something you're not. The exact reason the turkey bill was passed too. Luckily that bill has a sunset clause in 3 years. I've hunted many places in this state and the kill them all attitude was much more prevalent in the areas in the upstate I hunted than the areas I hunt in the Lowcountry..... Just saying
    Last edited by PJ1012; 02-13-2016 at 09:44 PM.

That part might of been changed for this final proposal from what I was orginally told.... I stand corrected.

You sir are a fucking idiot. You jumped in to bed with a woman and a beagle 2 threads ago.

This is the start not the end.
    Last edited by Silentweapon338; 02-13-2016 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    You sir are a fucking idiot. You jumped in to bed with a woman and a beagle 2 threads ago.

I jumped in bed with her bc I said it was wrong her dogs got shot?????!!!!!! I'm sorry I'm not a low life who would shoot someone's dogs nor will I defend such behavior!!!

And yes this is the end..... It wouldn't surprise me if this doesn't even pass and if it does nothing else will be changed with it for a long damn time!!!!
    Last edited by PJ1012; 02-13-2016 at 10:23 PM.

I'm an idiot when I hunt exactly like everyone supporting this bill???!!! I killed 3 deer last year.... 3!!!! This bill will not affect me one bit!!! I just will not support a bill that I feel does not need to be in place!!!

I honestly believe from many conversations with Ruth that he wants hunters to smash the does. Period. No matter what, if pushed hard enough during a conversation he will always go to killing more does, thinning the doe numbers everywhere or forcing hunters to shoot does when they run out of buck tags because they HAVE to shoot.
    What about those areas which want to manage for total buck numbers?
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post

Go frost your tips peckerwood..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

No, the ADQP will no longer exist.
    The only choice to be made is individual tags or DQP.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

For you guys who have deciferred this piece of shit bill, what is the outcome? Number of bucks allowed, number of does allowed? Want to see how many different answers I get.

Assuming your not in the DQP

A individual can harvest 5 bucks and 8 does in all game zones but GZ 2,3,4

A individual can harvest 5 bucks and 3 does in GZ1.

I'm basing this off of last years 1 antler less deer per antler less deer day. Maybe they go back to 2 antler less deer per day, but I doubt it.

This is the worst compromise and a poison pill to get the original bill discarded.

We need to lower the amount of bucks being shot. 5? Heck why even have restrictions?

How about 3 period! 10 bucks this isn't stopping anyone. Bubba is stockpiling his freezer this is how he feeds his trailer park. Although he claims he can't afford it he will find 10$ to fill that freezer.

I swear to sweet Jesus, five year olds jacked up on Cherry Kool aid and toll house cookies could come up with better and more sensible Whitetail laws. I am about sick and tired of these shenanigans.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    I swear to sweet Jesus, five year olds jacked up on Cherry Kool aid and toll house cookies could come up with better and more sensible Whitetail laws. I am about sick and tired of these shenanigans.

I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Might as well open up dog hunting in the upstate while they are trying to do stupid things.

Well I just got off the phone with my rep and I was exactly right about the quoda program. You will have 3 options. You will be able to stay on the current program, go to the deer quota program, or a buck program. As far as the 8 free doe tags, all that is dnr wants tags on all deer. These 8 tags are just like the normal doe days and those tags will have dates on them. They will have to be used on those days only. You will also be able to purchase 4 additional for tags like normal so no bigtimber dnr will not be losing tag money. GZ 3 and 4 will not lose any does. You will have to opportunity to kill 12 does. Ruth agreed with them that the agricultural counties still needed to kill does and you can't brush the whole state with one plan. GZ 2 is going to lose two does and GZ 1 is going to gain one doe. For the guys that are worried about the one additional buck, two of those bucks have size limits on them so really that's one less little buck that could be killed from the previous bill. Also what you all didn't realize is the money from those 2 additional buck tags purchased has to go towards coyote removal. Also this was not Ruth's back up plan. He had nothing to do with creating this bill although he does agree for the most part with it. I hope this clears up some questions and concerns.

You on a first name basis with Russell and have it like that?
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    You on a first name basis with Russell and have it like that?
    Yea, he helped kill the last one. This is his "compromise" idea.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.