Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Aid/Survival Kit

Pair of forceps, Israeli bandage, coban, baby aspirin, steri-strips, quickclot, headlamp, hydrogen peroxide
    Last edited by marsh chicken; 02-11-2016 at 10:49 PM.

Add a couple of MRE's and an alcohol burner.

Tube Socks

If a nija has throwing stars I think they then become nija stars and if a regular dick has nija stars we can snicker because we know they are just throwing stars...I could be wrong...just throwing it out there.

Epi pen

Pocket BVM

Lidocaine or some other topical anasthetic

Plan B

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    Trying to put together a couple kits to keep in the boat and truck. I've got the basics of what I can think of. Add in anything I missed.

Medical tape
    Gauze pads
    Bandaids
    Triple antibiotic ointment
    Alcohol pads
    Scissors/shears
    Mirror
    Whistle
    Water purification tablets
    Flashlight
    Batteries
    Benadryl
    Ibuprofen
    Ace bandages
    Lighter
    Paracord
    Duct tape
    Thermal blanket
    (Some already mentioned)
    6" Israeli bandage
    Tourniquet (CAT or SOF-T Wide)
    Sharpie
    Celox gauze (not granules)
    Some hard candies.
    Eye drops or rinse
    Headlamp (to complement the flashlight)
    Vehicular rescue tool (glass breaker, belt cutter)

Make sure you have a knife, and your flashlight is waterproof, LED. Keep the lighter (and much of the rest) dry.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Glucose

Salt and pepper.

My first aid kit is probably more like a survival kit.

Vetbond or Surgiloc, unless you're very proficient at sewing skin. Super Glue on the cheap but use with caution.

Duct Tape and a maxi pad works like a champ for compression bandages.

"Monkey's Blood" aka Mecurachrome. Betadine is good stuff too.

Tweezers, great for pulling splinters, glass, etc out of skin

Benadryl saved my butt a year ago on an OOS trip. Made me a believer in toting an EpiPen should the situation get worse.

Add a small Bic lighter to your kit (kept in a small ziploc to guarantee it stays dry), I hear of too many people that go out for a leisurely boat ride in light clothes only to get lost and spend the night in a swamp completely unprepared for the cold. That little lighter might save your life one day.

I carry fish hooks and a couple pieces of cord in my kit too in case I need to catch supper.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Ninja stars, ninja cloak/outfit, ninja smoke bomb

TP

Store it in a Pelican case?
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."- Robert E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by willmac1211 View Post
    Store it in a Pelican case?
    Yep. Actually putting these together because my old kit in a "waterproof" Plano box got soaked through when the boat had some water in it.

Is the whistle for coaching post apocalyptic sports teams or is it a rape whistle?

Some very good suggestions. Question, is there a good "off the shelf" kit out there you can buy and add to as needed, or would you be better off cost wise to buy stuff individually. I'm looking at putting several of these together and wanna do it as economically as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Good thread timing, I am just starting to build my own. I thought I would add one little thing for those packing lighters, I have taken a bic lighter and dropped into a medicine bottle to keep it dry. It also leaves some space for dry tinder as well, I have drier lint in there now but I hear cotton balls do well, and apparently cottonballs with vasoline is even better.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Some very good suggestions. Question, is there a good "off the shelf" kit out there you can buy and add to as needed, or would you be better off cost wise to buy stuff individually. I'm looking at putting several of these together and wanna do it as economically as possible.
    Check out REI or Backcountry, they have several kits with most everything mentioned in this thread and some of them have more. Whether it would be more cost efficient to piece it yourself, Idk.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I recommend a survival knife. That way you won't have to tote a backpack and it's like Rambos knife and you see how useful that thing is. Plus if a hot (super rare) green-eyed Asian chick asks "what bring you luck" you can twist it around in a rudimentary drilling motion and say "this". And immediately melt her panties and/or cure her SARS