Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Aid/Survival Kit

Cheaper to put one together piece by piece. Most premade ones have a lot that isn't necessary and not enough or none of what I would want. Ebay and Amazon have just about everything you'd need in bulk (4 thermal blankets, 6 ACE bandages, etc.) for cheaper than you could get an individual item at Walgreens.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I recommend a survival knife. That way you won't have to tote a backpack and it's like Rambos knife and you see how useful that thing is. Plus if a hot (super rare) green-eyed Asian chick asks "what bring you luck" you can twist it around in a rudimentary drilling motion and say "this". And immediately melt her panties and/or cure her SARS
    "First aid kit not expendable"

I recommend a survival knife. That way you won't have to tote a backpack and it's like Rambos knife and you see how useful that thing is. Plus if a hot (super rare) green-eyed Asian chick asks "what bring you luck" you can twist it around in a rudimentary drilling motion and say "this". And immediately melt her panties and/or cure her SARS

I had one of those when I was a kid, it was badass, which in turn, made me a badass. Everybody worth their salt had one after they saw First Blood. If you didn't, you were considered a pussy.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Do you suggest an orange/yellow or black/green pelican case?
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

A Pelican case is a great idea for a boat or any situation where it may be getting wet.

Mine is in a relatively inexpensive tactical looking (not by intent) nylon pouch with the hook part of Velcro on the back. Designed to mount to something like body armor and be "torn away" when needed. I keep the back seat of my truck folded up, exposing the carpet side -pouch sticks to that like glue. Out of the way, but I can easily grab it and go.
    Last edited by Swamp Rat; 02-12-2016 at 08:50 AM.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Wet wipes,condoms,strang,hooks,gun,rope,shovel,mallard call,hen teal decoy,bullets,cigs,water,knife,pills,matches,light er,bottle rockets,flashlights,battery's
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    condoms
    really? this is an end of the world bag dude, you aint gunna need any condoms. sssssshhheeeesh

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    really? this is an end of the world bag dude, you aint gunna need any condoms. sssssshhheeeesh
    Use them to store water dude?? Where's your mind?
    867-5309

I have a few of those small collapsible h2o containers that are pretty cool. maybe 1 gallon in size. they compress flat as a pancake.

a torch/butane lighter along with a small refill bottle.

someone mentioned dryer lint. I have been saving ours for years. have a shit ton of it. use it under the fat wood when I light a fire in the stove.

leatherman, the real one.

electrical tape
    Last edited by GBelly; 02-12-2016 at 08:07 PM.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Raf Out Roud

Two things I don't fuck with. Cottonmouths and Condoms.

You should absolutely have a tourniquet kit, sutures and hemostats or a staple gun. Self adhering ace as well. Most true emergencies need to address loss of blood and shock, broken bones etc. Tractor supply is your friend. Be amazed at what you can get there in the animal department.

Benadryl and epi pen a must have as well. Bungee chords come in handy as well do zip ties.
    Genesis 9;2

I'd definitely say some MREs, ya gotta eat.