Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cell phone data usage

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    I was scrolling down to say something along the lines of "do like Fuzzy and get a flip phone"

bwahahaha

Haters gonna hate!

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimeduckhunter View Post
    Some apps/programs on the phone continue to stream data when not in use. One way to stop this is by "double clicking" the main button on your i-phone. This will show you all the different pages and apps that you have running. To end them, swipe up the screen. Just ask your kids they can show you!
    This

Double click and close all the shit you have open. Do the same on your wife's phone and make sure to use wifi when at work or home.

1 gig ain't nothing. Youtube vids will wipe that out quick. Wife has a flip phone and I don't own one.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    1 gig ain't nothing. Youtube vids will wipe that out quick. Wife has a flip phone and I don't own one.
    No need when the Badass Ford has a bluetooth phone built in with the Sync System.

Settings-Cellular- Scroll to bottom and cut off wi fi assist. I had same problem with the new software. #yourwelcomedoc
    Last edited by CLEMSONDUCKHUNTER; 02-10-2016 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Spelt wrong

How many YouTube videos of "dentistry for dummies" do you watch a day?

settings > cellular > turn off cellular data or choose the apps you want to pull cellular data for. Unless you have wifi available you will not be getting email, using some apps, etc.

Data usage from your provider and storage/memory on your phone are two different things. Taking pictures doesn't use your data up, sending pictures does though.

dang i didnt know they still had plans with just one GIG

wifi assist, if its on.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    How many YouTube videos of "dentistry for dummies" do you watch a day?
    It depends on how many patients he has each day
    Last edited by bigtimeduckhunter; 02-10-2016 at 03:26 PM.

Apple downloaded some feature a month or so back so that the phone will use whatever is best, transmittal wise, for your data. If the phone data is better, it drops the WIFI. You have to cut this feature off so that it will keep using wifi when available. There went your data usage. Carrier does not matter,
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Sprint sucks donkey balls, been pulling my hair out since we got it almost 2yrs ago. still haven't figured their system out yet. their service causes roaming charges everywhere you go unless you know how to fix that in your settings ( I don't ).
    cut the mobile data off when you don't need it would be the best advice I could give.
    rip Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by ProvidenceSwamper View Post
    No need when the Badass Ford has a bluetooth phone built in with the Sync System.
    Naw Man, you must be talkin bout my GMC with built in Wi-Fi and shit, damn thing drives itself. We just sit back and relax in the bad ass FORD, listen to the cassette and stuff.
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimeduckhunter View Post
    It depends on how many patients he has each day
    BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA that is FUNNY. Well what ya say

Seriously, 1GB is pretty light. Shop a 5GB family plan through all four major providers. You might end up paying less and you can keep acting all cool by not using your phone whilst your family streams blissfully.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Apple downloaded some feature a month or so back so that the phone will use whatever is best, transmittal wise, for your data. If the phone data is better, it drops the WIFI. You have to cut this feature off so that it will keep using wifi when available. There went your data usage. Carrier does not matter,
    This is the answer and anything that streams like pandora or videos etc. I went to school on this shit with 2 teenage daughters. Connect to wifi at work and home and then phone should automatically do it when you go there in the future.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Y'all stop tryin' to help him. He'd rather be miserable. It's evident by the fact he's a sprint customer.