Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Puppy

Good looking pup SD.
    TEAM CODY!<br />\"No intelligent man can live in the great outdoors without being compelled to believe that there is an overrulling power.\"<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.boykinrescue.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.boykinrescue.org</a>

Thats a pretty little swamp poodle.
    Proud owner of 3 AKC.Bench Champion MASTER HUNTERS

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

I am sure that he will make you a good one! I guess that I slightly disagree with a couple of the training comments. Of course he is now a couple of weeks older than when they were written. I like to start mine off with "baby" training as soon as I get them. Remember they start learning from you the very first day that you get them, so it is not like they are not being taught from the begining. I believe that the foundation for training is love then sit, stay, and come. They must learn sit stay and come to the point that they will eventually become blindly obediently to your signal. It comes slowly at first, but they will get it if you will religiously spend 10-15 minutes per day EVERY day working with them. Nearly everything that you teach a dog builds off of "sit, stay and come".
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.