Thread: Tex Montana Will Survive

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Tex Montana Will Survive

A little back story: This was posted on a survival forum I frequent by a guy and his friends who are making these independent films. I'll let his post explain it:

Hello everyone,

First off, if my post is out of line, you can delete it.

I am a filmmaker who made a movie about a survival show host who is outed for faking his show. He goes out into the woods for 30 days to prove that he can survive... And then, well... comedy ensues.

I'm going to be open and honest to say that we think the perfect audience for this movie is survivalists, campers, anyone that knows their way around the outdoors... However, I am at a loss as to how to get the word out to this community without coming off as spam.

Our previous film (The Battery) was a horror movie, and we've gained quite a following in that world, but now we've got this wilderness survival comedy, so it's tough to find a whole new audience.

We're just a group of 3 guys, not a studio, and this is just a shot in the dark to approach the people we think will find the most humor in our movie. I'm sure you've watched some of these survival shows and screamed at the TV.

The film is called "Tex Montana Will Survive!" You can watch the trailer below at Youtube.

I genuinely thank you for your time reading all of this. Our ways of reaching such a targeted audience as yourselves is so damn limited.

Sincerely, Christian Stella

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

One more post...

Filming the movie was an exercise in survival itself. No crew and 14 hour days in 9 degree weather! The character had to be dressed in thin clothing and cowboy boots to show that he's an idiot... So the actor (my co-director Jeremy) actually did get frostbite. I was getting constant nosebleeds and ruined TWO sets of motel bed sheets in my sleep. Explaining that much blood to the front desk is always fun!
    Here's a tip on how to stay hydrated from Tex Montana himself:

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."