Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirogue ordering....

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Only after all coolers are emptied at the end of the day.... I'll show to watch that shit show!
    I had 13 DD's (designated drunks) in my boat last year and I guarantee you I had a couple of "racers" ready. Strap lifejackets on 'em and let 'em race! Video recorders mandatory.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Email sent. Put me down for (1) Cottonmouth, Cypress.

Payment sent.

My mud bug will be under power. Fuck a paddle...
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Yes sir!

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Same here
    Got twin short shaft trolling motors ready to roll
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    Same here
    Got a bar connecting the two? I've always wondered about doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    Same here

My man....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    Yes sir!

Winnin!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Yes sir!

Is that the mudbug? I'm thinking really hard about getting one, but I'm not sure if a small Jon boat would do me better. By the time you add me, a troller and battery and gear I would be close to limit. That boat looks like it can handle a pretty sizeable load.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I've been wanting a mudbug for a loooong time now, can't wait, it's gonna be the shit!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlover View Post
    Is that the mudbug? I'm thinking really hard about getting one, but I'm not sure if a small Jon boat would do me better. By the time you add me, a troller and battery and gear I would be close to limit. That boat looks like it can handle a pretty sizeable load.

Like most boats I've ever been in, it can handle way more than what you read!

I just don't want to hassle with registration, gas, blah blah blah..... give me a paddle and I'll listen to the sounds of nature on the way to my spot. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Got a bar connecting the two? I've always wondered about doing that.

No need for a bar connecting them. Center one and tighten it down and use the other one to turn and steer. I used to duck hunt on a trolling motor only lake and had a 2 mile ride in.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlover View Post

Yes it is.

So, for those still deciding, I spent the day in a Chapman cottonmouth. I had never been in a pirogue before.

My club near the Wateree River is mostly flooded, so I borrowed this boat from an Asian buddy and off I went. I'm 6'4" 215 and I had a 3.5 foot paddle.

These things are awesome. It draws so little water that wind is a bigger deal than current. I went through tight spots, open water, current, wind, over logs, etc. They simply go anywhere.

After a few hours, I got the balls to throw the shotgun in and I did kill one wood duck. As a pro tip, righties best be careful shooting to the right.

It was a great day and these things are super quiet. Many a turkey will ride in my Chapman.

Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

You ride around with that pirogue strapped to the four wheeler like that, you won't be getting into too many tight places without taking out some saplings along the way.
    Last edited by Moonlight Hunter; 01-29-2016 at 10:19 PM.

6'4" and 215. Had you pegged as a small fry....
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    You ride around with that pirogue strapped to the four wheeler like that, you won't be getting into too many tight places without taking out some saplings along the way.

Yep. I'm gonna need to fashion some sort of trailer to get full use of it
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Cottonmouth Capacity Rating is 400lbs. It'll tote plenty more if you're careful.

My son and I made a little mid day hunt yesterday. Total weight estimate is 530lbs.

If you hunt with a dog, teach them at an early age how to ride in a pirogue........or they swim. They learn quickly which option is best for them.

Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill