Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noise-cancelling Headphones

Default Noise-cancelling Headphones

Any suggestions on these? I would like to spend <$100, but will go with something more expensive if you all suggest so. Thanks in advance.
    Richard

No experience with them, but I've heard Bose are great.

BOSE must be doing something right cause I swear I see 100+ a day. I see a lot of Beats by Dre but I don't think they are the noise cancelling.
    every expert was once a beginner

What are you using them for.

I have a set of in the ear jay-birds, and you can order the noise cancelling ear tips for them.

Down side is they are about $180. They are Bluetooth though.

I know I know, expensive. But I have sworn by them and actually got some guys at work to spend the money and they love them. One of them got rid of his beat ones. Another one bought them because i talked about how comfortable they were. He actually needed a real comfortable set due to an ear issue he has had.

I've had mine for 8 months now. Wear them 4-6 times a week in the gym and love them.

Can't find a bad review for them minus the price.

Bose are great but the are high.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Thanks for the thoughts. I am using the primarily to be able to study at home/work/traveling, etc. I could care less if it is BT or wired -- just need something to reduce/cancel out the ambient noise.
    Last edited by richardp17; 01-19-2016 at 08:32 PM.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by richardp17 View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts. I am using the primarily to be able to study at home/work/traveling, etc. I could care less if it is BT or wired -- just need something to reduce/cancel out the ambient noise.
    you say that now!

My mom gave me a set of BT noise canceling Sonys and they are awesome, especially for studying. I can leave my computer on the desk, get up and draw on a dry erase board a few feet away, or go over to the shelves and not worry about it

Quote Originally Posted by abarill View Post
    you say that now!

My mom gave me a set of BT noise canceling Sonys and they are awesome, especially for studying. I can leave my computer on the desk, get up and draw on a dry erase board a few feet away, or go over to the shelves and not worry about it
    What's the model #/name? How are they from a noise-cancellation standpoint? Do they hurt after a while?
    Richard

Bump....Got a set of the Bose noise cancelling headphones for fathers day. They are the real deal. Can barely hear the tractor/bushhog running and I do not have to adjust the volume when I start up equipment. Protect your ears and eyes friends.

Bose and get over the ear.

Also, don't think they'll cancel out all noise. They only cancel constant noise. e.g. a plane's engine noise.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

i got the Bose over the ear when I had to use CC points before they expired. I will use them when I practice playing to a song or click track, and have to take one ear off so I can hear my guitar. Usually you can feel the harmonics on a bad note, but with these things its ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Bose are great if you have the money.

I have a pair of Sony from Costco several years ago that I love.

I got my wife a newer pair of Sony's from Costco this past Christmas and she loves them.

The two pair together were less than a pair of Bose.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

It’s hard to get a good set of noise cancelling head phones for around 100.00. Go ahead and get Bluetooth.

I have a set of beats studio wireless. (Dumbest purchases ever). However that are the shit. They do have noise canceling and the sound is great but well over $100. I use them on the tractor instead of ear plugs.

When I was in college (before the invention of noise cancelling stuff) I used a pair of ear plugs and then put on a set of shooting muffs. A bomb could have gone off and I wouldn't have heard it. If all you want is quiet while you are studying- I think you can probably buy a set of shooters muffs and ear plugs for less than $20 - even in today's dollars.

I have the Bose QC 35's. Before I had a cheaper pair of Sony's that broke. There is no comparison.

I was wanting some too. After looking and searching I just bought these. They are the tits for work and cutting grass. I’ll pimp them on the plane ride out to WY too.

https://www.amazon.com/your-orders/p...ntId=D6pRffn39

3m makes work ones that reduce noise and are bluetooth for abt 50 bucks

I have a set of bluetooth, over-the-ear Beats. They're OK but Bose is the standard by which all headphones are judged. You're looking at around $300 for Bose though and not much less for Beats.

I also have a set of Plantronics that are very nice, especially for the price (~$145). They have features I cannot find on other headphones, like remote microphone muting, battery life announcement when turned on, auto shutoff if they're not on your head, etc. They charge fast and keep a charge a long time. I use the Plantronics when we're working in a noisy area and need to be on a conference call simultaneously. I would abandon my Beats except for the fact that the Plantronic won't pair with my Anker bluetooth transceiver.

Link to Plantronics on amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Check out Sennheiser also. Not as popular as Beats, but quality is as good if not better.
    Carolina Counsel