Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog hunters are gonna love this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    We were better marksmen and woodsmen than the Yankees but we still lost the war due to antiquated equipment.
    Suppose we are talking about deer hunting, not about fighting for independence.

Those yankees are the ones that wrote SC hunting laws.

Bow hunting has been out since the invention of gunpowder. This thread is another example of people wanting to modernize America. No one cares about their history and heritage anymore. Dogs were bred to either hunt or do work. Not to live in the house and cuddle with. I makes me sick that there aren't enough red blooded Americans left to prevent bullshit laws like this from hitting the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Those yankees are the ones that wrote SC hunting laws.
    It would be funny if it wasn't true...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just a matter of time before you can't hunt ducks with your dog.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Welcome to Ga. 1000 acres min continuious,no public roads dividing tract. 3 complaints and dog hunting permit is revoked. Club number on dogs and vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    Bow hunting has been out since the invention of gunpowder. This thread is another example of people wanting to modernize America. No one cares about their history and heritage anymore. Dogs were bred to either hunt or do work. Not to live in the house and cuddle with. I makes me sick that there aren't enough red blooded Americans left to prevent bullshit laws like this from hitting the books.
    I kind of agree with you here....which you might find odd coming from someone who named their dog Cuddles McLivesinthehouse...

I think dog hunting is gonna happen to some degree mainly because the few that have ruined it for the masses will continue to hunt anyway... They think it's fun.

Outlaws exist in any sport.

the pirate life is a strong lure- it leads to happiness and freedom from oppression- but it is not a peaceful way, it lies full of danger and strife.
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 01-19-2016 at 10:36 PM.

Would make it a lot more simple if it didn't have minimum acre restrictions, and just allowed LEOs to give out tickets if the dogs go onto someone else's land continually.

I don't care that people dog hunt.

What I care about is me trying to hunt on property I own and someone else's dogs running all over my property chasing deer. When you say something to these dogs owners, they act as if it is not their fault. That shit pisses me off.

The law should be that they have to have id on every dog, chip in dog, and when people catch dogs on their property it should be $1000 fine per dog trespassing. Hit them where it hurts.

I'm not going to shoot any dogs. Its just not worth the amount of trouble you get in. When I catch dogs on my property, they go straight to the pound. What happens to them from there is out of my control.

Quote Originally Posted by purps View Post

What I care about is me trying to hunt on property I own and someone else's dogs running all over my property chasing deer. When you say something to these dogs owners, they act as if it is not their fault. That shit pisses me off.

The law should be that they have to have id on every dog, chip in dog, and when people catch dogs on their property it should be $1000 fine per dog trespassing. Hit them where it hurts.

I'm not going to shoot any dogs. Its just not worth the amount of trouble you get in. When I catch dogs on my property, they go straight to the pound. What happens to them from there is out of my control.
    Damn you for supporting private property rights.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Purps for Congress! I like the way you think sir!

Quote Originally Posted by purps View Post

I hope your Labradoodle gets the same treatment when he gets out of your yard. $1000 fine to get your dog outta doggie jail death row. I hope a dog fucks your entire season next year- those are not your deer- I don't care how much corn you put out

how does that make you feel?

It is a short step to having to license a blood tracking dog like they do in New York. What about coon dogs, bird dogs, rabbit dogs, retrievers, that go on your property, minimum acreage? This will end in more regulation for all hunting. These laws only limit our liberties and you will all see the result of non-hunters in our legislature making laws. Hunters need to stick together and promote hunting not fight among themselves and resort to name calling. This type behavior only gives the anti hunters more power.

No, technically it's not 'your' deer, but it damn sure is 'your' property that you 'dump' endless amount of money in to manage and enjoy as you damn well please, regardless of how much corn you 'dump' on said property hunting in the style you so choose. It's shit for brains mentality to continue to beat the 'dumping corn' logic when comparing hunting styles when the dog subject arises. Has nothing to do with it. What matters is bubba johnny and old big red thinking they have free reign over 'your' property everytime their dogs get out of the 25 acre head they turned loose in and are now dead in the middle of 'your' private property. Shit is old and it's time for a change. If you are my neighbor and your 1000+ acres aren't big enough and they cross over on that one occasion, call me, pull up to the gate, and we'll do what we can to catch them quickly. I'll shake your hand and off we both go back to hunting how we choose. You're within the law, courteous of others belongings, and deserving of being treated as a fellow hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    I hope your Labradoodle gets the same treatment when he gets out of your yard. $1000 fine to get your dog outta doggie jail death row. I hope a dog fucks your entire season next year- those are not your deer- I don't care how much corn you put out
    If my neighbor did not want my lab walking in their yard, I would GLADLY go out of my way to keep it out. And if it got caught, then yes I would pay the fine. You better believe that after paying a fine once it will not happen again.

I never said they are my deer, but they are on my property. Therefore, your dogs should not be allowed to chase them off of my land.

Just by your stupid ass comment, I can tell you are the kind of fucking idiot that I have to deal with when I catch dogs running across my property. You probably argue "Hey bo, dogs can't read property lines," and "Hey bo, when they on a scent you can't get them to stop."

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

The issue is that there is absolutely nothing you can legally do to stop habitual trespassers as of right now. It is perfectly legal to allow your dogs to run all over someone else's land every weekend, and there is nothing the land owners can do about it. I do not agree with the minimum acreage. You could still be on a 1000 ac. tract and let your dogs loose near the edge every time with the same effect. There needs to just be a law allowing a LEO to issue trespassing tickets at their discretion to people who clearly and habitually allow their dogs to run through others property. If you could hunt your 5 ac. back yard with dogs and not let them run all over everyones place, you should be able to do so, but there needs to be a way for landowners to legally protect their own property.

game zone 3-4 all dog hunting (no still hunting)
    game zone 1-2 all still hunting (no dog hunting)

this would solve a lot of problems. far fetched YES but would possibly work as dog hunters understand dog hunters and still hunters understand still hunters.

sc rebel had very valid points in his last post

hunters need to stick together and both sides have to compromise Still and dog
    anti hunters are going to take your rights from you if you are willing to compromise and make it work for both of you