Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted window

Default Busted window

Keep your valuables out of your truck when you leave your truck at the ramp. Had my window busted out on driver side Sunday at a public ramp. Had Costa's on the mirror TVs in the headrest. Glad they got nothing.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Yeah that sucks man. Hate that they got you. Some landings are sketchy
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    Yeah that sucks man. Hate that they got you. Some landings are sketchy
    Man i even loaded my gun to walk from the boat to the truck. I just had that feeling.

That sucks. Such a headache to deal with.

When I hunted (and fished) a few locations in the Lowcountry I used to leave my truck unlocked for that reason. Sometimes even put a note on the dash "Truck unlocked - No valuables inside" Not sure if they ever opened the door and looked inside but never had anything messed with. I know of 2 ramps in Beaufort county where multiple times I've seen more than a dozen trucks with broken windows after getting back from a morning hunt.

One of my high school buddies always wanted to skip the morning hunt and "bait" the truck at the ramp and wait for them. We never did because things would have taken a turn for the worse really fast...
    Last edited by Johnny Reb; 01-18-2016 at 07:02 PM.

what ramp?

Quote Originally Posted by formerly bohica View Post
    what ramp?
    Sorry can't say that.

Quote Originally Posted by formerly bohica View Post
    what ramp?

Haha good try.

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    Man i even loaded my gun to walk from the boat to the truck. I just had that feeling.
    My 9 is in my pocket from truck to boat and from boat to truck every time. Hunting or fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    My 9 is in my pocket from truck to boat and from boat to truck every time. Hunting or fishing.
    Ok gangsta. No holster?

I'm being sincere and not being smart but do you usually load a gun to walk back to your truck? Errr...let me rephrase. Do you usually use ramps in areas so bad it gives you the feeling you need to carry a loaded gun back and forth or was this just a one time "bad feeling" scenario?

...because carrying the firearm you are using for hunting isn't enough? I'm lost on this. What do you all plan to encounter walking from your trucks with shotguns / rifles that you also need a loaded handgun? Am I just that naïve in my thinking? I just cant fathom the need to carry a loaded side arm in addition to my hunting weapon on my way to boat/stand.

To OP - hate that you truck was busted. Reach out to the local Sheriff's ofice and they will patrol the areas going forward. At least where I am from they are great about doing this to keep the trouble out..

I always have a sidearm when at a public boat ramp
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Elcid_Fowler View Post
    I'm being sincere and not being smart but do you usually load a gun to walk back to your truck? Errr...let me rephrase. Do you usually use ramps in areas so bad it gives you the feeling you need to carry a loaded gun back and forth or was this just a one time "bad feeling" scenario?
    This area has 3 boat ramp but do to bad flooding the other 2 have been to muddy for me to try to put in. This ramp is sketchy and I never use it and just had a bad feeling at the time. I hunt so all the time and never carry a loaded gun to the truck but I did that day. Just had that feeling.

Several have been jumped in parking lots at night. One time at 378 landing some crazy bastard walked up to a guy loading his boat and just randomly shot him and left him laying on boat ramp. If i have my pants on im packing. If my pants are off there is a gun within arms reach. There are some sick crazy bastards in this world
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

...because carrying the firearm you are using for hunting isn't enough? I'm lost on this. What do you all plan to encounter walking from your trucks with shotguns / rifles that you also need a loaded handgun? Am I just that naïve in my thinking? I just cant fathom the need to carry a loaded side arm in addition to my hunting weapon on my way to boat/stand.

To OP - hate that you truck was busted. Reach out to the local Sheriff's ofice and they will patrol the areas going forward. At least where I am from they are great about doing this to keep the trouble out..
    Obviously you don't hunt public much. Let a GW catch you with a loaded shotgun at a public ramp....he can't say shit about a sidearm.

This area has 3 boat ramp but do to bad flooding the other 2 have been to muddy for me to try to put in. This ramp is sketchy and I never use it and just had a bad feeling at the time. I hunt so all the time and never carry a loaded gun to the truck but I did that day. Just had that feeling.
    Got ya..makes sense. I'm a "trust your gut" person all day long. Hate to hear about your troubles. Nothing more frustrating...

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Ok gangsta. No holster?
    Nah, just stick it in my pocket. A holster would feel like shit inside waders and I'm not trying to be flashing my piece around while fishing. I just stick it in a compartment in the boat.

Obviously you don't hunt public much. Let a GW catch you with a loaded shotgun at a public ramp....he can't say shit about a sidearm.
    what's the law on a loaded shotgun at a boat ramp?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    what's the law on a loaded shotgun at a boat ramp?
    Hell if I know, but I bet you a dolla and a quarta you would get a ticket. Did yall know that you can get a ticket for just having a long gun in your truck on federal land not in a case?

Never underestimate the sketchiness of ANY boatramp. I have seen multiple drug deals, people doing drugs, crack heads in general, vandalism, and people getting it on. A few years ago I was rolling up late one night to the landing. I had been running bush hooks solo and some shots rang out from under the bridge. I heard a car peel out but I was sketched out. I didn't really want to walk up on a dead guy so I called the law to come down there while I waited in the middle of the river. It was probably just some punk kids shooting a sign or cans but still. People are crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    I am an equal opportunity hater.