Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dabo and the cult

Default Dabo and the cult

What is the deal with this guy. He is like the Joel Olsteen of college football. I had a guy tell me that he thought God was on Clemson's side. It is like Clemson fans think that if you don't pull for Dabo you are atheist or "less Christian". Some even compared Saban to the devil.

I told the guy that I didn't believe God cared about outcomes of football games. If he did, Mark Richt would have a couple national championships.

I am not saying Dabo is this or that, not my place. I just urge everyone to pay attention. He is a salesman, and God sells. It seems some have already confused Clemson with religion. Not saying all fans, just watch some of them.

Look here everyone another meaningless thread about the tigers.

#allupinyourhead
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

If God does care about college football, it would be for His glory and not for the glory of Uga, Clemson, or any one else. That much I do know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    If God does care about college football, it would be for His glory and not for the glory of Uga, Clemson, or any one else. That much I do know.
    boom
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Look here everyone, another meaningless post about a thread intended to make fun of clemidias but they think, as always, that this is about football and not about idiot climpsin fans.

#funatyourexpense
    I fixed that. Go tigers.

Jwilliams, I agree. I think some folks have trouble separating the two. It was something that I noticed from the Clemson fans that I know. Saw it some with the pro Richt guys.
    Last edited by SCDAWG; 01-13-2016 at 08:35 AM.

I commend the man for taking a stand for the Lord. I haven't heard him say anything that contradicts scripture. Have you?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Jwilliams, I agree. I think some folks have trouble separating the two. It was something that I noticed from the Clemson fans that I know.
    So who are you saying to "watch out for"? Swinney or Clemson fans?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

This has nothing to do with that coach and everything to do with idiots.

Following a man. A man is all he is. Not a prophet. I always wondered how Jim Jones, Jim Baker, or Jimmy Swaggert did it. They proclaimed God too. what kind of people follow a man?

I am not knocking him, just the way some fans act about him.
    Last edited by SCDAWG; 01-13-2016 at 08:41 AM.

I see many comparable qualities shared by Dabo and Jesco. They're both semi-famous idiots and they both have a tendency to say stupid things in front of a camera just to mention a few.

The main difference between the two is that Jesco owns Dabo's ass on the dance floor.

Dabo does like to blast his religious works out for the public to see. Whether they are genuine or not is not for me to judge. I hear at church every Sunday, Dabo is a man of the Lord, he deserves to win. Its almost like you said, every coach that plays him is less a man of God because he doesn't carry his religion like a blinking neon sign everywhere he goes. At least thats what some fans believe. I commend him for sharing the gospel with his players and staff and if its genuine and for the right reasons then good on him.
    Last edited by MorningWoody; 01-13-2016 at 08:53 AM.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

I don't think anyone is following him per se, I just think he is a good thing for people of the Christian faith. He openly prays, he thanks the Lord at every opportunity, he takes team members to church, etc. You can be a good fan of ____________ and not bash him because his relationship with Christ. I'm not that religious by any means but I do see where people are coming from. He's actually being sued ( I haven't heard the outcome) about expressing his faith to his team. http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2014...rom-wisconsin/

Maybe some take it too far but I think he's a breath of fresh air from the POS commander-inchief's love of Muslims and war on Christians.
    Last edited by crackshot; 01-13-2016 at 08:56 AM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Isn't this where the resident theologian/pandemicist calls Dabo and the Pope an antichrist while calling others odiots?

Quote Originally Posted by crackshot View Post
    I don't think anyone is following him per se, I just think he is a good thing for people of the Christian faith. He openly prays, he thanks the Lord at every opportunity, he takes team members to church, etc. You can be a good fan of ____________ and not bash him because his relationship with Christ. I'm not that religious by any means but I do see where people are coming from. He's actually being sued ( I haven't heard the outcome) about expressing his faith to his team. http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2014...rom-wisconsin/

Maybe some take it too far but I think he's a breath of fresh air from the POS commander-inchief's love of Muslims and war on Christians.
    You forgot, he breaks the law and then gets people fired.

I fired someone last week and sped today on my way to work. What's your point? I'm a daggum rebel I reckkin...

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    You forgot, he breaks the law and then gets people fired.

Last edited by crackshot; 01-13-2016 at 09:08 AM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Following a man. A man is all he is. Not a prophet. I always wondered how Jim Jones, Jim Baker, or Jimmy Swaggert did it. They proclaimed God too. what kind of people follow a man?

I am not knocking him, just the way some fans act about him.
    Do Alabama fans worship bear Bryant or nick Saban? All fan bases have wierdos that worship individuals. Same for the pros, musicians, etc. has nothing to do with Dabo. He is a guy that is not ashamed of his faith. That's it.

I'm sorry that you were born a Catholic. And I'm sorry that your Pope is an anti-Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by crackshot View Post
    I fired someone last week and sped today on my way to work. What's your point? I'm a daggum rebel I reckkin...
    That's fine, if you're not claiming to be a Christian. If you are claiming to be one and knowingly or intentionally do it, then you got no witness.

Christians are human and make mistakes, but doing something wrong on purpose and then asking for forgiveness is not being a Christian.

And, for what it's worth. I do not claim to be one. I would rather be known a sinner than a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    That's fine, if you're not claiming to be a Christian. If you are claiming to be one and knowingly or intentionally do it, then you got no witness.

Christians are human and make mistakes, but doing something wrong on purpose and then asking for forgiveness is not being a Christian.

And, for what it's worth. I do not claim to be one. I would rather be known a sinner than a hypocrite.
    We are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God. Being a Christian isn't about being sinless.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean