Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Farm relief

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    It is called security.

We have to eat.
    http://www.usda.gov/nass/PUBS/TODAYRPT/crop1115.pdf

Soybean production is forecast at a record 3.98 billion bushels, up 2 percent from October and up 1 percent from last
    year. Based on November 1 conditions, yields are expected to average 48.3 bushels per acre, up 1.1 bushels from last
    month and up 0.8 bushel from last year. Area for harvest in the United States is forecast at 82.4 million acres, unchanged
    from last month.
    Corn production is forecast at 13.7 billion bushels, up less than one percent from the October forecast, but down 4 percent
    from last year’s record production. Based on conditions as of November 1, yields are expected to average 169.3 bushels
    per acre, up 1.3 bushels from the October forecast but 1.7 bushels below the 2014 average. If realized, this will be the
    second highest yield and third largest production on record for the United States. Area harvested for grain is forecast at
    80.7 million acres, unchanged from the October forecast but down 3 percent from 2014.
    The South Carolina farmer has been brutalized this year. Most of them need help and would gladly take it. How much help and where it would come from is the big question.

That being said, ain't no one in danger of starving because of our corn and soybean failure here in South Carolina.

I talked to a guy yesterday that was looking to contract 20K bu corn for next year... To buy.

Because that's how much deer corn he sold at his store this year.

Think about that.

Twenty Thousand bushels of corn. To put out for deer. From one store.

So. Yea.

We can talk about the incredible loss of income faced by local farmers. And it is huge. It will put some farmers out of business, and that hurts me. Too many more go out of business and I will be out of a job, too.

But save the "We're gonna starve" hysterics for a bad year on a national or global scale.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Tobacco is gone, wheat prices are too low to compete. Corn was harvested but I saw a lot less this year, probably commodities.

From what I hear cotton, beans, and peanuts were going to be 90% of the expected profits.

A snow storm may hurt a business for a week. A flood ruins a farmers year.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

yall are gonna run out of paper and lumber too. will be wiping your asses with corn husks and building houses out of hay

good luck
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    A snow storm may hurt a business for a week. A flood ruins a farmers year.
    nobody mentioned no effin snow....

Dick Tape, you are a joke. Take the train out of here. Gov Haley has already declined to assist. No one representing the State Government has done a damned thing.

I'm in the Ag industry. ( and a farmer) The number I have from someone in the know at SCDA is $700M + in losses, and that is probably conservative.

You show up at any of the farmers properties that I know with your offer to "help" and I would suggest you bring your helmet and mouthpiece. You have nothing to offer but someone else's money. Go the fuck away with your bills and relief. Too little, too damned late. ( as normal).. You come here with your agenda which is to make it look like you are doing "Something", when in fact you do nothing. Like always.

Ronald Reagan said it best," the most terrifying words in the English language are : I'm from the Government and I'm here to help"
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Please send me your farm name. I will make sure you don't get any help, punk.

shit about to get real up in here.

Damn. Punk

Hahaha...I love the send me your name threats. I find them funny and entertaining regardless of who they come from.

Showing your true colors...yet again
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

We all pay federal income tax. Many states get help when disasters come. We certainly can be that state that pays taxes and never gets help.

I would not call this welfare. People may from time to time need help, especially when it is through no fault of their own. Help should be temporary and not turn into dependency.

Necro will be the first in line with his hypocritical hands out.

I named it after you - The Yer Mama shoulda swallowed Ranch.

All your grandiosity won't help a single person. Real easy to be magnanimous with someone else's cash ...for the last time Mr. Lowe- go away. Please.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Necro will be the first in line with his hypocritical hands out.
    you were one letter off from forever typing your racist thoughts on a forum

Just in Time for Christmas, Omnibus Bill Could Rescue Farmers
    Since the beginning of October, farmers in South Carolina have been drowning in the damages from an unprecedented flood event.

Here at South Carolina Farm Bureau Federation, we have been working day and night to help you get back on your feet.

We’ve been in constant communication with our elected leaders in South Carolina and Washington, DC to bring you the relief you need so desperately.

That’s why we’re proud to announce that the $1.5 trillion Omnibus Appropriations Bill that just passed Congress contains the potential for millions of dollars in disaster relief funding.

“The potential relief included in the omnibus bill is a positive step for our farmers who are struggling to survive after the flooding devastated their crops,” said South Carolina Farm Bureau Federation President Harry Ott.

“Thank you to Senators Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott, and Congressmen Jim *******, Joe Wilson and Tom Rice for their unwavering efforts to help South Carolina agriculture. Securing disaster relief was always going to be an uphill battle, but their willingness to fight for farmers will forever be appreciated by our agriculture community.”

In the bill, you’ll find provisions to help farmers avoid bankruptcy and repair infrastructure.

The bulk of disaster relief comes in the form of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding, where Congress appropriated $300 million in disaster relief funding for Oklahoma, Texas and South Carolina.

“Our congressional delegation supports the CDBG funds going to agriculture,” Ott said after visiting Washington, D.C. this week to talk with and secure commitments from members of the delegation. “We appreciate the commitments from Senators Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott, and Congressmen Jim *******, Joe Wilson, Tom Rice, Trey Gowdy, Jeff Duncan and Mick Mulvaney in support of this effort.”

President Harry Ott has been in Washington, D.C. making the case for South Carolina farmers receiving relief from the flood disaster

Clemson University and the SC Department of Agriculture previously estimated $376 million in crop losses across the state. When indirect losses are factored in, the agriculture industry is facing nearly $700 million in damages from the flooding.

“The money our farmers will receive from this bill represents only a portion of the $376 million crop loss across the state,” Ott stated. “We know that more disaster aid will be needed, not only for agriculture, but for other businesses as well. Farm Bureau will continue to work with our congressional delegation to exhaust all options available for disaster relief, including a stand-alone bill, if needed.”

Ott stressed patience for farmers as the process unfolds.

“It could take months still for any money to reach farmers, and they shouldn’t expect direct payments,” said Ott, “but we are hopeful that our farmers will receive some relief out of the CDBG program.”

Come on Necro, swear to us all you will not ask for one cent of federal or state aide.

We all pay federal income tax. Many states get help when disasters come. We certainly can be that state that pays taxes and never gets help.

I would not call this welfare. People may from time to time need help, especially when it is through no fault of their own. Help should be temporary and not turn into dependency.
    Taking my money and giving it to someone else should be called stealing.

Was Haley against receiving federal funds?

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Was Haley against receiving federal funds?
    necro, please...

Come on Necro, swear to us all you will not ask for one cent of federal or state aide.
    I won't, will you?