Thread: Untamed

Default Untamed

Worth your time to watch - this guy has an awesome message I think many of you can relate to. Maybe not by hunting full-blown traditional but by trying to keep it sporting.

His other youtube videos, many how-to videos, are excellent as well.
    Last edited by walt4dun; 12-20-2015 at 10:03 AM.

Subscribed.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Damn, that makes me want to get my longbow out and start hunting with it again. Great video!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

me and that guy would get along good. Been wanting to buy a new bow. This and an OOS deer draw might make it happen
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Great video and inspiring, he gets it.... now anyone want to buy my Morrison TD recurve?
    Genesis 9;2

He's legit.

Camera work was pretentious and uppity, like most traditional shooters.

3, 2, 1...
    Last edited by Glenn; 12-21-2015 at 10:44 AM.

(stripa swipa sighting to follow....)
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I am a bit surprised the non **** crowd likes Clay's work. I guess there is a fine line between elitism and being inspirational and Clay seems to be managing that pretty well.

I've been seeing his stuff for a long time. He produced a series of videos for the Backcountry Hunters and Anglers called the Backcountry College that is really good. How to build fires, shelter etc in the backcountry without coming across as the superman survivalist self promoter type.

This film was originally released as part of what's called the Full Draw Film Tour which is a pretty cool concept but doesn't show up in the east. After that tour was over he released it to youtube. His next film is called Ascent and only the trailer is out to promote the next Full Draw Film Tour and then it will be released to youtube in 2017.

Some of my closest **** buddies have become financially involved in sponsoring Ascent. Another's son was Clay's partner and camera man on that film. All of that is just to say I've heard a lot about Clay lately and by all accounts, he seems like he'll be a positive force in bowhunting for years to come.

Ascent trailer...
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    (stripa swipa sighting to follow....)
    called it
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

while the Toofdork can be surprisingly brilliant every once in a blue moon that little prediction hardly makes him Nostradamus
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    while the Toofdork can be surprisingly brilliant every once in a blue moon that little prediction makes him NostraDUMBASS
    FIFY
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Oh man, that made me want to go chop a tree down and make a bow and arrow out of it, where I can video animals on the edge of a National Park at 40 Yds then shoot a 2 1/2 yr old 8 point and a doe with said crap and string.. Then grow a beard and wear a flannel because I look super outdoorsy.. Brah
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

I'm just right all the time.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Oh man, that made me want to go chop a tree down and make a bow and arrow out of it, where I can video animals on the edge of a National Park at 40 Yds then shoot a 2 1/2 yr old 8 point and a doe with said crap and string.. Then grow a beard and wear a flannel because I look super outdoorsy.. Brah
    Make sure you film it slightly out of focus and frame and from goofy angles and get Bob Ross to narrate it.
    Last edited by Glenn; 12-22-2015 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Make sure you film it slightly out of focus and frame and from goofy angles and get Bob Ross to narrate it.
    Rick Ross?

I've hunted semi-pressured deer in other states for an hour and half..

I could have almost killed the buck I killed with a zip tie and an 18" piece of IPE..

If it was the end of the world, my nephew could kill that dude with a .243 while he was stalking (aka walking through the woods with a flannel, beard and a Coldplay mixtape in his headphones)..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Very cool video. I wish I still had the time and dedication to hunt like that. I can remember the details of every animal I've killed with traditional gear because of the focus and effort it took on my part. The rest become a blur. A few stand out, but too many were get to stand as fast as possible, shoot my deer, throw it in the truck and head for the processor. I enjoy all of my hunts, but they are not all the same fulfilling experience. As I have matured, as a man and a hunter I have come to enjoy one or two really good hunts a year rather than a blur of just killing stuff. The fist bumping chest thumping stuff doesn't do it for me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Rick Ross?

I've hunted semi-pressured deer in other states for an hour and half..

I could have almost killed the buck I killed with a zip tie and an 18" piece of IPE..

If it was the end of the world, my nephew could kill that dude with a .243 while he was stalking (aka walking through the woods with a flannel, beard and a Coldplay mixtape in his headphones)..
    I'd imagine Clay, like me, would have to Google "coldplay" to know wtf you were talking about......Brah.

Rubberhead